Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was offered a job with an annual salary of sgd36000. I want to know if this salary will be enough for my living expenses in Singapore.

I most probably be living alone. My main concern is the price of housing. I am considering to just rent a room but most of the room I surveyed doesn't allow visitors. My family might come over for a visit. Is there any other housing options? maybe like a 1 bedroom apartment with a considerable price? Can anyone also give an estimate of the cost of housing? Thank you.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
One-room apartments or studios are rare in Singapore and cost from S$1800 upwards. Í think you are better off renting a sublet room (reasonable ones start at S$800-1000/month) and putting your family in a budget hotel during their visits (which costs S$60-100/night for a double room).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One-room apartments or studios are rare in Singapore and cost from S$1800 upwards. Í think you are better off renting a sublet room (reasonable ones start at S$800-1000/month) and putting your family in a budget hotel during their visits (which costs S$60-100/night for a double room).
Thank you beppi. I will consider the job offer. I really like the job description and its a rare opportunity for me to develop my career. People keep telling me that the salary will not be enough because singapore is an expensive country. So I have to really consider the pros n cons if I do accept the offer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thank you beppi. I will consider the job offer. I really like the job description and its a rare opportunity for me to develop my career. People keep telling me that the salary will not be enough because singapore is an expensive country. So I have to really consider the pros n cons if I do accept the offer.
Kindly please throw some light on how did you land your job & your experience... I have been trying a lot from a long time but nothing is working in my favour.. It would be really of great help to me if you can give me some pointers so that i go about in the right direction. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
could some one give pointer to find a job in singapore and what kind of job scope may
get in singapore.thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts