Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am in the process of lodging my visa. I would like to know if its required to mention employment details if I am not claiming work experience points.

Thanks

Bob

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Thank you for the super quick response.

There are two sections under Employment page:

Employment History and Employment in nominated occupation

Should i mark it as "No" for both of these?

G

·
Ohh I am not sure I havent used the site to lodge a visa. I just know you need to put all your employment down leaving no gaps and mark anything not relevant if its not for points.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hi,

Thank you for the super quick response.

There are two sections under Employment page:

Employment History and Employment in nominated occupation

Should i mark it as "No" for both of these?
hi bob,

yes, you need to mark "no" if the employment is not the relevant and unskilled. But, if you want to claim points for relevant and skilled one, you should select "yes" to the second option in this case.

regards,
sathiya

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi bob,

yes, you need to mark "no" if the employment is not the relevant and unskilled. But, if you want to claim points for relevant and skilled one, you should select "yes" to the second option in this case.

regards,
sathiya
Thanks for the clarification.

So basically I need to list out my work experience under employment history and select NO for Employment in nominated occupation.

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
I was in same position, didn't claim points for work, so just marked the ones before ACS Met Date as "Not Relevant" and After ACS Met date as 'Relevant' , however, as those after Met date totals less than 36 months, I didn't get points anyway even though those were marked Relevant. However, if you have a minimum of 36 months of SKILLED experience, but do not want to claim points, you should mark ALL those "Not Relevant" ..

And in the description boxes I just put few lines of what I did and what the company does... !

Reactions: eva-aus1

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the reply. I will be choosing "NO" for Employment in nominated occupation which will make all my work experience non relevant.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts