Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

I am new to the forum and I am planning to apply for 190 visa catagory as I have a total of 3 years work experience. I had a few questions regarding the "work experience reference drafts" that have to be submitted as affidavits/Notaries for ACS verification (as my company does not provide it on its letter head) :

1. Is the same draft (that we are using for ACS) used for making the Visa application as well?

2. Should detailed "client Project" descriptions be included in the ACS draft? Currently I have included my duties and the softwares used to executed them in it. I am asking this coz, among other clients, I have worked for the client "CommonWealth Bank Australia" for 9 months for their implementation in China and was thinking whether including details of my work during the project tenure would add weight-age to my application. Currently I am using the attached draft.

3. Also, would these 9 months in any way contribute to extra points by considering them as "Australian work experience". I had visited China for its implementation (1 month) and for the remaining 8 months, I worked from India.

4. Is it allowed if my referee is providing a general email address as contact details in the ACS draft instead of an official one. I am asking this because the person has now left my organisation and his present organisation restricts him from disclosing the official email id anywhere.

5. Also during any step of the visa (right from the beginning) are income tax returns expected to be submitted? I currently haven't filed returns as such for the first 2 years of my employment.

Would appreciate your help on the same, as these questions are really making me anxious each passing day. :confused::confused:

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi ausnik2013,

1.) Yes, you must submit all supporting documents that you uploaded for ACS assessment to DIBP as well. The format is the same, but DIBP would also like to have your salary and work hours mentioned. Follow the ACS reference letter sample and add those two points and you will be good.

2.) Just follow the template. The assessors prefer to get just what they requested, nothing more.

3.) If you were an employee of an other (overseas) company at the time, no. It was just the client, after all and you weren't in Australia. If you worked for them as a freelancer I don't know. Maybe? You only get points of you have 12+ months of Australian work experience, though, so it would be better to add it to your overseas experience.

4.) Won't be a problem. He should provide a (private) phone number too.

5.) You must submit proof of your salary to DIBP. What they accept: Pay slips, bank statements and/or tax return documents. If you have pay slips and bank statements for the last two years, the tax return documents won't be necessary.

Cheers,
Monika

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi Monika,

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply !! Just wanted to check from you:

1. Is the draft that I have attached (apart from the 2 points as advised by you in point #1) is fine and should I proceed ahead with the same to make an ACS application? Please advice if any other changes are required.

2.Also are the duties which I have mentioned, proper and clear? As in, do they sufficiently explain the on-job duties that I do in my organisation clearly as per ACS's requirement of them?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Nick.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts