Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sponsoring my wife's application for a UK spouse visa, she is from South America.

I was made redundant on 17th April this year. I had already been offered another job, and started on May 11th. Will this 3 week gap in employment cause us an issue. I will include as employment evidence:

12 months pay slips (including 1 or 2 from new employer)
last p60
current employment contract

Question is: will this be sufficient?

Many thanks!

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You also need employment letter from your new boss. You will be applying under Cat B. You need to have earned at least £18,600 during the last 12 calendar months including your blank period.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Certificate of employment

Joppa, would the following suffice, printed on company headed paper, Thanks for your help!:

STATEMENT OF EMPLOYMENT
To whom it may concern,
I can confirm that Mr xxxx is a full time permanent employee of xxxx Ltd. The details of xxxx's employment can be outlines as follows:

Date of start of employment: DATEDATE
Current position: JOBTITLE
Salary: £xxxxx per annum, I can confirm that xxx has been in receipt of this salary since his start date.

I understand that this document may be used as proof of xxx's employment for the purposes of the application of a visa for his wife.
I am happy to be contacted by post at the above address, or via email to confirm the above.

Yours sincerely,

NAMENAME Date
POSITION
ADDRESSADDRESS
EMAILEMAIL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.