Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past month I have been trying to buy a new printer on Lazada, yes correct one month.
The first one ordered was the wrong one delivered, there was a very poor analysis on the website that steered me into the wrong type, I wanted an ink tank on the side, they sent the injection needles etc for cartridges.
So back it went (that was another battle with an arrogant woman at LBC Bauang. Luckily her boss walked in and made her do her job. It was eventually sent back.
So I asked not to be given a credit on my credit card, but rather to send the item I had wanted in the first place (same price). No that did not happen, they issued a credit.
So reordered again and was given delivery time between 5th-14th Nov. Did not arrive, so inquiry, told it was a no delivery as no one was home. We were home about 90% of the time in that period, only went shopping one morning for a couple of hours and that was a Sunday. I advised them that I did not believe there had been an attempt to deliver but was advised, that I could not get it resent.
Next day, more time wasted to 'chat' but discovered that I could have it re delivered at no extra cost. Good they are all on the same page!!!
So told that delivery would be 20th Nov. Yesterday being 18th contacted 'Chat' again and first told there was no delivery pending for me. Then he changed his mind and told there was? That my order had been 'excelerated' (their word) by 'super management', this is the same people I had been waiting on for 4 days to contact me about this debacle!!! Of course, that really gave me a 'warm fuzzy'. End result is that I have been advised it will be here by 20th Nov, given today is 19th and nothing happening so far, I really doubt it.
There is an 'ingrained' belief by Filipinos that they are never 'wrong' nor will they accept responsibility for actions? They don't seem to understand that making a mistake is not terminal and a mere 'sorry I will fix it' is all that is needed.
Throughout my 'chat' i was swamped by 'marketing mumbo jumbo' which does not work for me. They never answer any difficult questions, nor will they offer a definitive answer to a problem. They use the term 'customer care' on their website like it is tap water, but really have absolutely no idea what it is!
Tomorrow is doomsday.

·
3,237 Posts
Mogo Western call centers are empowered to fix the issue right then and there but the call center here isn't set up that way they only have information on the transactions and then it appears they have to contact the companies in order to get an issue resolved and that's not easy because most companies don't have or won't provide staffing for this.

You will get your order and too bad they didn't have some sort of tracking option for your products, I've never ordered from Lazada but I'm seriously thinking about it because I need a quality keyboard/mouse/USB headset and I've only seen these products online.

I also have been thinking about buying a printer or scanner and you do need to buy the correct printer for your software plus I feel it would be better to buy local because they sell replacement cartridges or refilling materials but a printer online could end up being a limited use item with hard to find ink. I need a scanner for all my old photos because I've had printer/scanner combinations and when they run out of ink they won't scan.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I just checked my Lazada account.
I've ordered 22 items from them since Dec 2015.
From all those orders I've had 2 incorrect deliveries, both were items shipped out of China.
If I had read the reviews of those retailers before ordering, I should have known not to order.
I didn't have any issues returning the items and getting full refund though.

It's easy enough to check the rating of the retailers.

My latest purchases was during their 11/11 big sale.
I expected that the volume of discounts/orders placed over that 24 hours would mean a backlog in deliveries, but I wasn't in any hurry as long as the correct items were delivered.

The first item was delivered on 12th November, another on the 15th and the last one on the 16th.

I'm fairly happy with the service.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I have made several Lazada orders with no major issues on delivery. However sometimes the product is crap but at the prices that they charge it is expected. I had ordered a small electric hot pot to boil water for coffee, it melted first use but for 200 p what do you expect? On the other hand I ordered some stainless steel shelving units and they have been great for about `1300 p a set.

My biggest complaint is that you never know when they will deliver. I get a text in the morning saying sometime today and have had deliveries within 30 minutes of that time or 10 hours later.

I also buy my cell phone load through them, it is credited to my phone within a minute or so.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I too, have had many orders with Lazada. Never any issue with their service or the delivery. Delivery has always been via LBC or Ninja Van, and in all cases Ive received a text advising the day of delivery, with the option to reschedule if necessary, or to leave with a neighbour. I only use COD so never have any problems with credit cards.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I have no doubt that is the case. So what is the point in them have the care centre, if they don't care????

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have mostly positive transactions with Lazada. The few issues I have had are with the shipping company. Shipping is always on time or within reason and they always call or text the day of delivery. Twice now they called and I was not at the house that day so they said they would re-deliver the next day. Sounded great but the first time it was 8 days later before they re-delivered and the second time it never showed up. LBC says that I refused the order and sent it back even though I kept contacting them for delivery.

I only had to return something once as it was broken. Cost me nothing.

A lot of the reviews on the products are bogus. If there is enough of them you can trust them but a lot of the reviews just say "product was great" and from "non customers". Probably the seller giving reviews to sell the product.

I always do "Cash on Delivery" as they do not charge extra for it and it guarantees I at least get the package. Since I live in an area with no street name or number it is surprising they can find me.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just checked my Lazada account.
I've ordered 22 items from them since Dec 2015.
From all those orders I've had 2 incorrect deliveries, both were items shipped out of China.
If I had read the reviews of those retailers before ordering, I should have known not to order.
I didn't have any issues returning the items and getting full refund though.

It's easy enough to check the rating of the retailers.

My latest purchases was during their 11/11 big sale.
I expected that the volume of discounts/orders placed over that 24 hours would mean a backlog in deliveries, but I wasn't in any hurry as long as the correct items were delivered.

The first item was delivered on 12th November, another on the 15th and the last one on the 16th.

I'm fairly happy with the service.
If you lived in the provinces you would not be saying that, but good luck to you, you are in the Manila area and you would hope they can get that right.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well today I pulled the pin on Lazada, yesterday was delivery day, but that did not happen.
Another run around with the Chat crew which I knew would happen, but cannot find an email address for Lazada 'management' anywhere on their site.
Just sit back and see how long the return takes, hope they 'escalate' that.
I have spoken to 4 other residents up here and they have all experienced the same problems, maybe they do not like us or really want to deal with the provinces? Just a thought.

·
3,237 Posts
Cod

Well today I pulled the pin on Lazada, yesterday was delivery day, but that did not happen.
Another run around with the Chat crew which I knew would happen, but cannot find an email address for Lazada 'management' anywhere on their site.
Just sit back and see how long the return takes, hope they 'escalate' that.
I have spoken to 4 other residents up here and they have all experienced the same problems, maybe they do not like us or really want to deal with the provinces? Just a thought.
Mogo I like Zeps response he pays COD or Cash On Delivery only... that could solve many problems and if they mess up who cares you still have your money and can find it local, I've given up on trying to make any form of business do a better job I just immediately walk out with no words I just nod like everyone else and find another spot but it took me a while to adjust, basically nobody cares even the boss they'll find another customer and that's the message I get.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have bought quite a few items on Lazeda but only things i cant get locally .
Recently i have been using Lazeda to compare prices for a well known tough watch but most on Lazeda are not originals ! as the 2 models im interested in are priced at 8000 and 10000pesos identical models on lazeda are from 1200 and 3000 pesos , things i have bought so far no problem.
But i will be buying the watch from a well known mall in Calamba !
Regarding the printer problem i bought a ink tank printer with tanks built in cost 9999 pesos brilliant printer
Scans as well

·
Registered
604 Posts
We have limited shopping in Iloilo, so I use Lazada a lot. Mostly good experiences. There have been some website issues (par for the course here). A couple problems with shippers - I like LBC much more than Ninja...

I never know when i will be home or not so I have not tried COD. I just pay with credit card.

Overall very pleased with the service and the items.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I have bought quite a few items on Lazeda but only things i cant get locally .
Recently i have been using Lazeda to compare prices for a well known tough watch but most on Lazeda are not originals ! as the 2 models im interested in are priced at 8000 and 10000pesos identical models on lazeda are from 1200 and 3000 pesos , things i have bought so far no problem.
But i will be buying the watch from a well known mall in Calamba !
Regarding the printer problem i bought a ink tank printer with tanks built in cost 9999 pesos brilliant printer
Scans as well
And what makes you think the watches in the mall are the real deal. The Phils is awash with Chinese fakes.

·
Registered
221 Posts
If you lived in the provinces you would not be saying that, but good luck to you, you are in the Manila area and you would hope they can get that right.
Yes, I'm sure.
As much as I like the idea of moving out to the Provinces, I can't see myself ever doing it on a full-time basis.

Mogo I like Zeps response he pays COD or Cash On Delivery only...
I also only buy items that offer COD.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mogo I like Zeps response he pays COD or Cash On Delivery only... that could solve many problems and if they mess up who cares you still have your money and can find it local, I've given up on trying to make any form of business do a better job I just immediately walk out with no words I just nod like everyone else and find another spot but it took me a while to adjust, basically nobody cares even the boss they'll find another customer and that's the message I get.
I did try COD and it was the same result, that is why I tried paying up front, as I foolishly thought that they would actually want to deliver it! I gave myself several upper cuts.

Now have the printer from the local store, same deal, checked it all and made sure it was going. Came home, plugged it in and as my previous computer was the same brand and series, it just set up in less than a minute and I was a happy chappy.

I think your analysis is spot on!

·
Banned
22 Posts
I have mostly positive transactions with Lazada. The few issues I have had are with the shipping company. Shipping is always on time or within reason and they always call or text the day of delivery. Twice now they called and I was not at the house that day so they said they would re-deliver the next day. Sounded great but the first time it was 8 days later before they re-delivered and the second time it never showed up. LBC says that I refused the order and sent it back even though I kept contacting them for delivery.

I only had to return something once as it was broken. Cost me nothing.

A lot of the reviews on the products are bogus. If there is enough of them you can trust them but a lot of the reviews just say "product was great" and from "non customers". Probably the seller giving reviews to sell the product.

I always do "Cash on Delivery" as they do not charge extra for it and it guarantees I at least get the package. Since I live in an area with no street name or number it is surprising they can find me.
You are a foreigner. Everyone knows where you live!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I looked at the post also and that was my first thought, but when I thought about it, it is a 'foreign phobia' post, with 'tongue in cheek' I think.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts