Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm trying to ship to large suitcases from Auckland back to the UK but only getting extortionate rates. I recently sent 15x25kg boxes the other way for £500 so i'm not sure why it's so high.
Does anyone have advice on the cheapest option? Have you sent stuff with a cheap company before?

I'm also wondering if anyone from this forum is flying back to UK in the next few months and would consider taking 1 or 2 bags for me (for a fee)? It's just house stuff - clothes, books etc.

Any help and advice appreciated! Thanks

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi
Hi all, I'm trying to ship to large suitcases from Auckland back to the UK but only getting extortionate rates. I recently sent 15x25kg boxes the other way for £500 so i'm not sure why it's so high. Does anyone have advice on the cheapest option? Have you sent stuff with a cheap company before? I'm also wondering if anyone from this forum is flying back to UK in the next few months and would consider taking 1 or 2 bags for me (for a fee)? It's just house stuff - clothes, books etc. Any help and advice appreciated! Thanks
Hi - not able to help but only to add that we are currently looking at quotes UK to Australia and are shocked at the price - about 3x the price that we paid from Australia to UK 7 years ago. May I ask, who did you use for the 15 boxes for £500 - realise you are talking NZ not Oz but would love to know who you used in case we could use them for Australia too. Thanks

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Hi - not able to help but only to add that we are currently looking at quotes UK to Australia and are shocked at the price - about 3x the price that we paid from Australia to UK 7 years ago. May I ask, who did you use for the 15 boxes for £500 - realise you are talking NZ not Oz but would love to know who you used in case we could use them for Australia too. Thanks
PSS Removals. It was a 3month long ship but all perfectly handled.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts