Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
From where ? - Might sound odd but it does depend on where your located plus your prob fine it easier to use a 3rd party shipping service that works in Madeira :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From England.
(M&S are UK based).

Loads of people here comment on how quick and efficient shipments from M&S are - so I'm trying to find out what courier M&S use.

Im trying to find a good courier / posting company to get car parts from the UK to Madeira without the minimum 10 day wait associated with all the couriers I've used.

·
Registered
190 Posts
From England.
(M&S are UK based).

Loads of people here comment on how quick and efficient shipments from M&S are - so I'm trying to find out what courier M&S use.

Im trying to find a good courier / posting company to get car parts from the UK to Madeira without the minimum 10 day wait associated with all the couriers I've used.
Hello

Can't help over MS but when Fred needed parts for his car he used Pharosparcel just Google it he had a turbo and brakes almost 30kilo for about 30 pounds and they use UPS. All he did was ask the people he was buying from if he could send in a courier instead of them posting to him. Hi reason was about GLS who are a wast e of time as a courier.

Krystyna

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup, I agree - I've actually lost parts to GLS in the past.
Parts were stolen from the parcel.

I do get compensation, but not for the delays.

Also, GLS falsify the tracking - the parcel tracking simply didn't match the reality of where the parcel was ( unless you have a time machine). I suspect to keep their systems from flagging problems.

Another great example of people doing what you measure!

I've ordered some parts from the uk 2 weeks ago, and only today found out they are with GLS. Ahhhrrggh!

The car has been off the road for 2 weeks already and the parts only now surface in Lisbon!
Where have they been?

UPS are much better, and are my preference, but M&S get stuff here really quickly - I'm trying to work out how!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts