Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone can recommend a company or method for shipping about 15-20 boxes and no furniture from North America (Vancouver, Canada) to UK I'd be grateful. Mostly books and papers, but there are fragile items that should be professionally packed too.

I've had one quote through Allied for shipping 300 cubic feet at $5000. This seems very expensive. Plus I think we'll only need about 1/2 that space.

Anyone had a good experience? Or can suggest a company to check out??

Thanks,
Liz

·
Super Moderator
5,166 Posts
When he was still working (for a storage company), my Dad used to deal with a firm called The MI Group... they're out on #6 Road in Richmond (just off of Bridgeport Road, on the Ikea end of Richmond, past the on-ramp to the Knight Street Bridge).

When I returned to Vancouver from the Cayman Islands, they handled the customs clearance and delivery of my stuff to my home once it reached YVR. Unfortunately, I don't know how much shipping cost, as my employers shipped it back for me upon the conclusion of my work contract, but I can say that everything arrived home safely.

The only other place I could suggest trying to call that I've heard of before is Bandstra Moving... they've been around for years (as a university student in the 90's, I worked several summers for a company that had warehouse space next to them in Richmond) they're on River Road (just off of Bridgeport), very near the Costco Wholesale/Oak Street Bridge in Richmond (you can see their warehouse from the northbound lanes of the Oak Street Bridge).

Anyway, that's all I can think of off the top of my head (it's 6:30am here in London, and I've just woken up).

Good luck to you and have a safe journey over! :)

Reactions: LizS

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks WestCoastCanadianGirl,
I've contacted MI Group for a quote and will compare it to the others I'm trying. I really appreciate it!
Liz

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.