Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll prob. be in europe for a while and visit many countries. Spain is likely to be one of them.

I have a lot of packages need to be shipped to many EU countries. They are probably going to be in small bubble enevelopes containing some small(4cm*4cm*2cm) and low cost electronic device.

Can I just buy stamps from some place(where?) and drop those packages in some mail collection boxes whenever i need (is there such a thing that would allow my packages in spain?)?

If not, are you aware of any EU country that has this convenient shipping options?

I'm not experienced in this matter, please enlighten me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spain has post offices/correos in all towns

Jo xxx
i understand that if i go to post office, they'll sort it out somehow but right now

"mail collection boxes"
is the keyword for me.

i didn't wanna over-complicate my post by posting too many details but i want to know about this mail-box option, too.

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
i understand that if i go to post office, they'll sort it out somehow but right now

"mail collection boxes"
is the keyword for me.

i didn't wanna over-complicate my post by posting too many details but i want to know about this mail-box option, too.

Yes, there are mail boxes in most areas of Spain. As long as you know how much your parcels will cost and they are small enough to be posted. So initially its advisable to go to the correos and have the parcels weighed and checked, so you know how much the stamps will cost per item

Jo xxx

·
Administrator
36,519 Posts

"mail collection boxes" is the keyword for me.

Do you mean post boxes on the street? We do have those. They're yellow

·
Registered
915 Posts
Spain has post offices/correos in all towns

Jo xxx
In our local town, we went to the oficina de correos two years ago to post our Christmas cards. The man at the counter just used an official stamp for all our items. We then asked if we could buy some stamps for future use. He went to a draw, then another draw, then a cupboard, then returned and said he couldn't find any, perhaps we could try somewhere else. I was astonished, especially as I used to be a Royal Mail manager in the UK.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Hi

The last time I wanted a real stamp rather than one of those tattoo looking things, I went to a tabacalera and bought "stamps for letters to England)

Davexf

1 - 8 of 8 Posts