Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

My wife just submitted her online Visa Application to join me in the UK. (YAY!! FINALLY!)
She will be sending all of the supplemental documents to Sheffield after attending her Biometric Data Appointment at the Application Support Center. The gov.UK website says the following in regards to the return shipping:

3.1 Return shipping
To have your documents returned you must provide a fully addressed prepaid electronic shipping label (no ground services and no non-electronic waybills). Put your return shipping label and envelope inside the package, and keep a copy of the waybill for your records.

The link on this website leads to the VFSGlobal website where she can pay to expedite her visa application (which she will be doing) as well as pay for return/ round trip shipping couriers.

Is it really necessary for her to pay the return through this service? It is quite expensive and she believes that she can have the package returned to her the same way she intends to send it out (through USPS Priority International Mail).

I am unsure by what they mean by "no ground services or non-electronic waybills." If they weigh her package at her local post office, I'm pretty sure that they can print an exactly priced label to have the package returned from Sheffield to her address. This label will have a barcode, so won't that mean it is an electronic waybill?

If anyone can help out with this question, that would be great!
Thanks!

-The fish

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
Her choices are to use the service provided by VFS, DHL or UPS. She cannot use the US Postal Service to ship something from the UK. The US Postal Service does not offer services from the UK. Just like the Royal Mail doesn't offer services from the US. She should also ship her package via 1 of the commercial carriers such as UPS so she can track the package. Additionally, you have no idea what the package will weigh on return. Sometimes they return everything you send and sometimes they only return originals and keep your copies.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.