Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Well I have discovered a new wriggle by shipping insurance companies. A couple of major items went missing but the movers did not individually itemize them. I had to replace them then submitted my claim for the costs - this was the response:

Please note that missing items must be noted on the mover’s paperwork at the time of delivery for consideration. The mover’s descriptive inventories are considered Prima Facie Evidence of delivery of the shipment in good order with the exceptions of written notations at the time of delivery. Since no exceptions were taken we must conclude all items shipped were received. Based on the above I must respectively deny this portion of your claim.
As the missing items were never on the inventory to start with it is difficult to understand how they could be noted as missing :confused:

I pointed out the absurdity of this position - it would mean every single item in every single box would have to be individually inventoried to be classed as missing. Fortunately they saw the light and now agreed to meet the claim.

So, a word of warning, especially for those doing their own packing - inventory everything and have proof.

Cheers

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.