Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Looking to furnish a holiday house in Mexico. Was thinking of trying to order a container of furniture from China and shipping to Mexico. Has anyone had experience here as i have heard that the customs in Mexico are difficult.

·
Super Moderator
12,555 Posts
Hi
Looking to furnish a holiday house in Mexico. Was thinking of trying to order a container of furniture from China and shipping to Mexico. Has anyone had experience here as i have heard that the customs in Mexico are difficult.
As this question is specific to Mexico I have moved it to the Mexico forum.
You are more likely to get the answers you need there.

Veronica

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
I would banish that though. Mexico has very high tariffs against Chinese goods and you will pay a terrible price increase. Mexico makes furniture and many of the 'name brands' that you see in the USA are actually made in Mexico; especially leather furniture, etc. There is no need to ship 'coals to Newcastle'. If you are on Baja, I know that your sources of supply may be limited, but it would still be wise to shop in Mexico; perhaps Guadalajara would be a good choice. In fact, there are export furniture plants in nearby Ocotlan.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[

Thanks for that advice, part of me knew the answer, but just wanted to get other thoughts to confirm.

Yes I will have a good look around when I am back there in December.

QUOTE=RVGRINGO;198176]I would banish that though. Mexico has very high tariffs against Chinese goods and you will pay a terrible price increase. Mexico makes furniture and many of the 'name brands' that you see in the USA are actually made in Mexico; especially leather furniture, etc. There is no need to ship 'coals to Newcastle'. If you are on Baja, I know that your sources of supply may be limited, but it would still be wise to shop in Mexico; perhaps Guadalajara would be a good choice. In fact, there are export furniture plants in nearby Ocotlan.[/QUOTE]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.