Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everybody,

This is a call for advice/help as I am wanting to get items shipped from the UK to UAE for my move in a few weeks but I do not know where I will be living yet as we will be put in a hotel temporarily. I have tried to set up a PO Box address but cannot do this until I have my visa number.
Will the shipping company allow you to ship and give an actual delivery address upon arrival in UAE or is it best or even an option to pick up the items from the port?

Any advice/comments/help would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
119 Posts
You can ship without a permanent address but you need to have your visa before they will dispatch it from the UK (sea freight). With air freight you can send it without the visa, but you need to provide a copy for the customs clearance. I used my company PO Box as the consignee address, it didn't cause any problems.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
you just need to have your visa and address by the time it arrives.

I used Clark & Rose in Scotland. Very easy.

They said 6-8 weeks door to door.
It took 5.

If you are without address, you can use your company PO Box, but after 5 days in port, the charges mount up if you are not ready to receive. Its about AED 80 a day or so.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Did either of you have to pay for additional customs clearance in Dubai? If so can you tell me how much? My forwarder has told me I need to pay them an additional 850dhs when they deliver. As I've only got a part container this seems an awful lot!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.