Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Could someone please tell me what are the items that I can ship from Singapore to Sydney as we are moving there for good. I have 3 boxes of my daughters books and toys, TV, memory pillows and bed covers, utensils.

2. Also pls suggest some economical movers offering door to door service.

3. Is there any restrictions to the items to be shipped and do Australian customs charge for these items?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi!

May I know which forwarder you used? :)

1. Could someone please tell me what are the items that I can ship from Singapore to Sydney as we are moving there for good. I have 3 boxes of my daughters books and toys, TV, memory pillows and bed covers, utensils.

2. Also pls suggest some economical movers offering door to door service.

3. Is there any restrictions to the items to be shipped and do Australian customs charge for these items?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thank you for reply. May I know how much you spent?

I used Interswift Moving and Storage. They were very good and brought all my items safely

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for reply. May I know how much you spent?
For 5 cu.m only carton boxes (shared container) as I dint have any furniture or big items I paid approx 2000 including quarantine fees, insurance. But make note the quote might vary and they will send a surveyor to evaluate your package. They did a pretty good job in packing and delivered everything safely. Pls do your due diligence by checking the pointers which you are looking for with them.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks all for replies :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts