Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anyone if shipping or taking extra baggage on the flight would be better option? When we came to Australia we were given two extra baggage as it was one way ticket and first time entry. Now we are planning to go back and wanted to know what would be better option. Or rather leave the items here as shipping would be expensive?

Thanks!

G

·
I've not heard of any airline offering the same going back. Would it be too costly using excess baggage?

Do you not like Australia then?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its just that things are not working out well and its been two months since we are here and we are not yet into any job! So planning to go back and take up the job in India.

Yes excess baggage would be too costly to use.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Its just that things are not working out well and its been two months since we are here and we are not yet into any job! So planning to go back and take up the job in India.

Yes excess baggage would be too costly to use.
Sad to know this. Which occupation are you in and which city?

G

·
:( very sad, if it's any consolation we only lasted 4 months for the same reasons.

What type of stuff are we talking about. Might it be cheaper to buy new when you get back?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Perth and I am a Java Developer and my husband is in to Mechanical.
I am a technical architect in JAVA/J2EE and planning to move to Sydney in June. I was taken aback by your post that you are moving back because you did not get a job. I am going there with a hope that things will fall in place in 2 months.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Pawinder,

Sydney should be ok for software guys I fee. But not sure. Even we came with a deadline of just 2 months and people say it takes much more than that for few and its not right to give up so soon. When we were planning to move same people said we will get or atleast my husband will get one quite soon :D I think it all depends on your luck!

Good Luck with your move. Don't get discouraged by this thread. Its different for each individual. Its just that not many people will be willing to help others and you must be ready for that.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I am a technical architect in JAVA/J2EE and planning to move to Sydney in June. I was taken aback by your post that you are moving back because you did not get a job. I am going there with a hope that things will fall in place in 2 months.
Sydney should be good for ICT. You get hundreds of job openings on seek when you search Java and Sydney. So you should be able to land a job if you are prepared and if you network smartly. Post your experience once you land.

Perth hardly fetches any results...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
atsurti said:
Sydney should be good for ICT. You get hundreds of job openings on seek when you search Java and Sydney. So you should be able to land a job if you are prepared and if you network smartly. Post your experience once you land.

Perth hardly fetches any results...
Sorry for not being active on the site. Just wanted to let anyone who is reading this thread know that i did stay back and tried for few more and did succeed :) if any software engineer in perth let me know i can refer to my consultant. Cheers!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Congrats!

Sorry for not being active on the site. Just wanted to let anyone who is reading this thread know that i did stay back and tried for few more and did succeed :) if any software engineer in perth let me know i can refer to my consultant. Cheers!!!
Very nice to hear about your success in finding a job. I am sure this message of yours will motivate others not to give up so easily.

Congrats again :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Nice to read about the happy ending... like a Bollywood film :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Always like a Happy Ending to a story. :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
that's the spirit...never give up! Though I did not get the answer to the cost of shipping stuff, I at-least got inspired :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

Does anyone if shipping or taking extra baggage on the flight would be better option? When we came to Australia we were given two extra baggage as it was one way ticket and first time entry. Now we are planning to go back and wanted to know what would be better option. Or rather leave the items here as shipping would be expensive?

Thanks!
hi
if you want extra baggage services then you should book your tickets from india to australia or vice-versa with jet-airways because last time when i was going to australia then only they provide student extra baggage service so you should check jet-airways services may be they provide their service now also..:focus:

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi
so nice ...happy to read it .....you also cheers....

·
Registered
92 Posts
NeedInfo said:
Excellent news. So glad that things worked out for you. Wish you a fabulous future ahead.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi dear,

I am also agree with you Sydney is really a right place for Software people's. If you have a good technical knowledge of JAVA/J2EE and other software. Then you will really enjoy that place.
Further its depends on your luck and knowledge dear.

Good Luck.......! :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.