Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone please advice me on the best way to pack electronics from the UK to Dubai please. We will be moving furniture and TVs, pcs, home entertainment centers and games concoles along with kitchen Appliances. I have packed alot of boxes already marked with what is in them and fragile. I understand that international shipping we will have some damage but any advice wrapping the electronics would be appreciated.

Thank you for your replies

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Depending on the type of TV ..... you can buy purpose boxes for packing flatscreen TV's ..... I assume from you question that your relo doesn't include removal company to pack ? .... may be worth checking that if you self pack fragile items they will wriggle out of damage claims by blaming your packing or may not cover them at all unless they pack.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Shipping from the UK is not like sending by post.

The level of original packing for any given item is more than enough for the item to survive shipping to the UAE.

But UKMS has it spot on - if you pack it, then you're 100% liable.

If you are using a professional shipper, then unpack the lot and let them do it. They are professionals who lose money if your stuff gets damaged.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am awaiting quotes from 3 companies regarding packing and shipping. My husband has agreed that if they won't cover the damages it may not be worth itm our bedroom furniture is worth an arm and a leg lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.