Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

My family and I are moving from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to Adelaide, Australia. I am in the process of trying to find a reliable company to ship our furniture and belongings. If anyone has any information for me, we would GREATLY appreciate it. I look forward to hearing from you!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi everyone

My family and I are moving from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to Adelaide, Australia. I am in the process of trying to find a reliable company to ship our furniture and belongings. If anyone has any information for me, we would GREATLY appreciate it. I look forward to hearing from you!
Watching your thread with interest as we are ready to obtain quotes to move a small amount of furniture and boxes from Florida to Queensland. Its a pity we arent closer and could arrange to ship together

good luck with the packing

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm in the process of moving from Alberta to Perth and will be using Kent Moving. They have offices in all major Australian cities and handle clients migrating to/from Australia. They are coordinating everything with the company in Edmonton who is moving us from our small town here in Alberta. We found them helpful because we live around 200 kms from Edmonton and most international companies wouldn't handle us, so Kent found someone who will. They are providing door to door service, including customs etc.

Since my move is not complete (our goods go out at the end of this month) I can't provide a solid recommendation until my goods arrive at the other end, nor can I comment on their pricing compared to others. We were recommended this company from friends who moved from the U.S to Perth as Kent handle corporate relocations for the company they worked for. In any case, I'm happy with our arrangements and service so far so it's probably worth getting a quote from them as part of your research.

I'm not able to post the URL, but if you google Kent Moving Australia, you'll find their site.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a friend who just moved from the east coast to NSW. She suggested a website to me for info. movingscam dot com is the name. I can't put the link properly apparently because I just joined this forum. She got quotes from 3 of the 4 international moving companies that the website endorses (read discaimer about the website receiving money from these companies), and used one of them. She got her belongings in good order, about 10 days later than the longest time-frame quote, which was 80-100 days.

I am currently getting information from them for myself, moving from the Philly area to QLD. I read the reviews and the forums on the website as well to get a good idea of what to expect for cost and delivery time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Shipping

Hi everyone

Hi,
We are looking to ship from Ewing, New Jersey to Perth, and are starting to look into that too. Let's keep each other posted!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks so much!!!

I'm in the process of moving from Alberta to Perth and will be using Kent Moving. They have offices in all major Australian cities and handle clients migrating to/from Australia. They are coordinating everything with the company in Edmonton who is moving us from our small town here in Alberta. We found them helpful because we live around 200 kms from Edmonton and most international companies wouldn't handle us, so Kent found someone who will. They are providing door to door service, including customs etc.

Since my move is not complete (our goods go out at the end of this month) I can't provide a solid recommendation until my goods arrive at the other end, nor can I comment on their pricing compared to others. We were recommended this company from friends who moved from the U.S to Perth as Kent handle corporate relocations for the company they worked for. In any case, I'm happy with our arrangements and service so far so it's probably worth getting a quote from them as part of your research.

I'm not able to post the URL, but if you google Kent Moving Australia, you'll find their site.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any luck with any companies???

I have a friend who just moved from the east coast to NSW. She suggested a website to me for info. movingscam dot com is the name. I can't put the link properly apparently because I just joined this forum. She got quotes from 3 of the 4 international moving companies that the website endorses (read discaimer about the website receiving money from these companies), and used one of them. She got her belongings in good order, about 10 days later than the longest time-frame quote, which was 80-100 days.

I am currently getting information from them for myself, moving from the Philly area to QLD. I read the reviews and the forums on the website as well to get a good idea of what to expect for cost and delivery time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts