Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my company will reimburse me on my first paycheck in Australia. so I have to incur the cost up-front. The move is from US to Sydney.

Question:

Do shipping companies generally want to be paid in full prior to picking things up? Or when they deliver? Or is it half at pickup, rest at delivery?

Thanks everyone for your inputs. This is the best forum I have ever been a part off when it comes to expat information.

·
Registered
11 Posts
ash1901 said:
So my company will reimburse me on my first paycheck in Australia. so I have to incur the cost up-front. The move is from US to Sydney.

Question:

Do shipping companies generally want to be paid in full prior to picking things up? Or when they deliver? Or is it half at pickup, rest at delivery?

Thanks everyone for your inputs. This is the best forum I have ever been a part off when it comes to expat information.
Depends on your shipping company. The one I contacted in South Carolina was progress payments on the $6600 door to door fees. A portion to drop off the container for loading, another portion prior to shipping it and final payment when it arrives. That's from Los Angeles to Perth

·
Registered
239 Posts
tctassey said:
Depends on your shipping company. The one I contacted in South Carolina was progress payments on the $6600 door to door fees. A portion to drop off the container for loading, another portion prior to shipping it and final payment when it arrives. That's from Los Angeles to Perth
What company did you go with? I want to start getting quotes... were you happy with your moving company? We will be moving from North Carolina to Melbourne.

Sent from my iPad using ExpatForum

·
Registered
11 Posts
mbc71 said:
What company did you go with? I want to start getting quotes... were you happy with your moving company? We will be moving from North Carolina to Melbourne.

Sent from my iPad using ExpatForum
We haven't moved as yet, will be moving in June. The company is EuroUSA Shipping. The man who helped me was very nice and informative. Mark Nash 843-225-7217

The biggest difference was what is excluded with other movers. This is a door to door quote, the only exclusion is the duty payable as determined by Oz authorities. It includes all moving, inspection (unpacking your container for authorities and replacing it) and delivery to your new home. He can explain the process fully.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.