Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just wanted to share my experience for getting PCC in Bangalore.
Since my current address was different than the passport address(of same city), I got my address updated in the bank and got last one year bank statement with seal/stamp. Also, i dint had passbook so i got that as well but they gave me only 2 weeks statement on the passbook(with photo attached) because i had already got one year statement. Other address proof i got was HR letter on company letterhead with sign and stamp.

I went to passport office and asked for PCC. That guy asked how i came to know that i need PCC for Immi. I told him i got list of docs from consultant and he told me to get it done. He asked for email printout /the doc printout.
I gave him my invitation copy printout and the doc shared by consultant. Also,he asked for emp id copy along with HR letter.
Then he verified all the docs and issued token no.
Within 45 mins, all the formalities in different counters were cleared(including biometric verifications and original passports and other docs vereification.)
At last counter, they told me to wait for 10 mins so that they can issue me PCC.
The guy gave me 2 copies so that i can keep one and give other to immigration.
In 1.5-2 hours i got my PCC even though my address my changed.

The process was pretty smooth.The only thing is be ready with all relevant documents.

Thanks,
Manpreet

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks Manpreet,

good info, I am expecting Invitation tonight, same is case with me i'm living in Bangalore from 2 years. and i need to have PCC from here.
can you help me with any info on what documents are required for PCC for spouse as my my wife doesn't have bank account here.

thanks regards
Harkanwalpreet Singh

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Manpreet,

good info, I am expecting Invitation tonight, same is case with me i'm living in Bangalore from 2 years. and i need to have PCC from here.
can you help me with any info on what documents are required for PCC for spouse as my my wife doesn't have bank account here.

thanks regards
Harkanwalpreet Singh
Hi Harkanwalpreet,

Saw this post now. Almost a month.
have you got the PCC done.?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Harkanwalpreet,

Saw this post now. Almost a month.
have you got the PCC done.?
Hi Manpreet,

I got the PCC on 19th may, it took us both just 2 hrs for it at Lalbagh PSK,

as we had different address at Passport than current address, i made my wife a joint account holder in my bank account and got photo attested Passbook and we used it as address proof.

it was pretty smooth.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Harkanwal,

I might need the same info in couple of months. My passport address is different from where i am residing now. And I am having a salary account, which is quite old and my current address is already updated in it. My wife has a separate salary account as well. I want to take PCC for both of us...can you help me with the following queries?

1. Should I have to apply for passbook for both of us from the respective banks ?

2. Bank statement should be for six months or one year ?

3. She s having a name change from her old passport (made it exactly like her degree certs) and I already have the affidavit+news paper cuttings with me.Should I have to apply for new passport for her for visa process ?

4. What other documents have to submit for PCC ?

5. Is HR letter is a must ? If so should I have to mention the current address in it ?

Thanks in advance

Afdal

Hi Manpreet,

as we had different address at Passport than current address, i made my wife a joint account holder in my bank account and got photo attested Passbook and we used it as address proof.

it was pretty smooth.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Refer below
Hi Harkanwal,

I might need the same info in couple of months. My passport address is different from where i am residing now. And I am having a salary account, which is quite old and my current address is already updated in it. My wife has a separate salary account as well. I want to take PCC for both of us...can you help me with the following queries?

1. Should I have to apply for passbook for both of us from the respective banks ?
Don't require a passbook. Just get the statement on bank letter head.

2. Bank statement should be for six months or one year ?
One Year or more

3. She s having a name change from her old passport (made it exactly like her degree certs) and I already have the affidavit+news paper cuttings with me.Should I have to apply for new passport for her for visa process ?
YOu can apply for name change on the passport.

4. What other documents have to submit for PCC ?
For PCC, you need to carry your passports, address proof. Copy of the PCC request letter & an application for PCC

5. Is HR letter is a must ? If so should I have to mention the current address in it ?
HR letter is not entertained unless it is a PSU

Thanks in advance

Afdal

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Manpreet,

it was pretty smooth.
That's great.
All the best!

·
Registered
413 Posts
I was in similar situation and followed same process. However, I got PCC in just 30 minutes. Best of luck guys.

Hi all,

Just wanted to share my experience for getting PCC in Bangalore.
Since my current address was different than the passport address(of same city), I got my address updated in the bank and got last one year bank statement with seal/stamp. Also, i dint had passbook so i got that as well but they gave me only 2 weeks statement on the passbook(with photo attached) because i had already got one year statement. Other address proof i got was HR letter on company letterhead with sign and stamp.

I went to passport office and asked for PCC. That guy asked how i came to know that i need PCC for Immi. I told him i got list of docs from consultant and he told me to get it done. He asked for email printout /the doc printout.
I gave him my invitation copy printout and the doc shared by consultant. Also,he asked for emp id copy along with HR letter.
Then he verified all the docs and issued token no.
Within 45 mins, all the formalities in different counters were cleared(including biometric verifications and original passports and other docs vereification.)
At last counter, they told me to wait for 10 mins so that they can issue me PCC.
The guy gave me 2 copies so that i can keep one and give other to immigration.
In 1.5-2 hours i got my PCC even though my address my changed.

The process was pretty smooth.The only thing is be ready with all relevant documents.

Thanks,
Manpreet

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

My husband has filed EOI 3 days ago and we are expecting invitation now.

1. Is it possible to apply for PCC beforehand or should we wait until a CO is assigned to us?
2. My husband is expected to travel to the UK by 20th June and will stay there until the end of Aug,2015.Isit possible for him to apply for PCC from Indian Consulate in the UK?
3. I shall be travelling to the UK via India where I will stay for 10 days before flying to the UK.Is it possible for me to take appointment beforehand and get my PCC done in Delhi(My husband is the primary applicant).

Any guidance will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Noopur

·
Registered
960 Posts
Hi,

My husband has filed EOI 3 days ago and we are expecting invitation now.

1. Is it possible to apply for PCC beforehand or should we wait until a CO is assigned to us?
2. My husband is expected to travel to the UK by 20th June and will stay there until the end of Aug,2015.Isit possible for him to apply for PCC from Indian Consulate in the UK?
3. I shall be travelling to the UK via India where I will stay for 10 days before flying to the UK.Is it possible for me to take appointment beforehand and get my PCC done in Delhi(My husband is the primary applicant).

Any guidance will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Noopur
Hi Noopur
1.Do not go for PCC now. The best strategy is to apply for PCC & medicals 30 days post your visa application. This will give you ample time before your IED.

2 & 3. Going by my answer 1, apply it at PSK in your city.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks Ramesh,

I forgot to mention a very important information in my query and that is that we are currently in Sydney and are expected to travel overseas in two weeks.
Since we will not be in Sydney when we get invitation,how will PCC be taken care of?

Regards,
Noopur

·
Registered
960 Posts
Thanks Ramesh,

I forgot to mention a very important information in my query and that is that we are currently in Sydney and are expected to travel overseas in two weeks.
Since we will not be in Sydney when we get invitation,how will PCC be taken care of?

Regards,
Noopur
So your application is going to be onshore . Well in that case you'll need to take a PCC from Indian consulate in Sydney and apply for Aus PCC from AFP, both of these can be done when you have lodged your visa.
I am not sure how applying for Indian PCC in the consulate works but Aus PPC from AFP is completely electronic and takes only a about a week.

In a worst case scenario, you'll have get the PCC before your visa application that will shorten the duration between your grant and IED but given you've a job in Sydney(assuming) and eventually going to return in a few months time, it should not bother you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks again Ramesh,

The deal is that the Indian Consulate in Sydney will require us to hand over our passports to them for PCC which we cannot afford as both husband and I will be travelling to different countries between June and August and will not be available in Sydney.
Therefore,going back to my original question, can husband can get his PCC done in the UK where he will be located between June 20 to Aug 30?
I will be in India for 10 days((will travel from Sydney to Delhi by 12th July) from where I will Travel to the UK.I was wondering if I could carry out formalities online beforehand and then get my PCC done in Delhi.Is it a one day process?

I appreciate your response.I guess ours is a lil complicated situation.Do you suggest me asking Indian Consulate in Sydney?

Regards,
Noopur

1 - 14 of 14 Posts