Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Based in San Diego, relocating to Adelaide, looking to share container space.
I have a one bedroom condo and wish to bring my stuff back, yes I understand it would be cheaper to buy all over again but then what price do you put on memories.

I am flexible for shipping to Australia between May to July 2011. I could arrange delivery to LA. Major items are bed, dresser, couch, love seat, ottoman, tv, a stove, bicycle, kitchen items and personal clothes effects.

[personal email address removed by moderator - people who are interested can reply to this post first]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow!
Im actually looking to ship some of my things from San Diego to Brisbane in June-July. Are you still interested mike?
Reply here or email me at my username (at) gmail
Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Would you mind sharing any info you've gathered on shipping, such as the cost, reputable companies, items not worth taking, etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow!
Im actually looking to ship some of my things from San Diego to Brisbane in June-July. Are you still interested mike?
Reply here or email me at my username (at) gmail
Thanks
=========================================
Yukonicus,

Yes still interested.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Shipping household goods San Francisco to Sydney - early August 2011

=========================================
Yukonicus,

Yes still interested.

Can I ask who you guys are getting quotes from for your move? We probably already have a 20 foot container load of stuff to ship. I have 2 quotes for door to door delivery (including packing which they have advised us they have to do because of Customs). It's all working out very expensive - much more than we thought like US$12,000 but i don't think we'd get much if we sold our furniture etc. Is it better to get one quote from the company in the US & a separate quote from the AU company at the other end? Any advise most welcome. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Share container USA to Aust

sorry, I have forgotten about this post, as of 6/7/11 I have a brother in LA who is going to take my household items.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts