Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For various reasons I just switched to SFR for Internet and mobile. They have provided a fibre connection but I'm only getting 75mb/s whereas my neighbour next door gets over 400.
However, I cannot contact SFR, I have repeatedly called their 1023 number but it either never answers or when it does the agent hangs up as soon as they hear that my French is not too good. I have tried using the internet chat but the agent asks me to to test the line under certain conditions and when I do and come back they've ended the chat and I have to start over. They do not have any email contact addresses or even SMS that I can find.

Is anyone else having these issues or does anyone know of a way to contact them in writing so I can explain my problem in detail?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
You have just listed a few of the problems I had with SFR ten or more years ago when we had phone plus internet from them.
When the line went down, which was frequently, I felt embarrassed at continually asking my neighbours to use their phones, so used my, then expensive, mobile phone.
Because the mobile didn't work inside the house, this meant going outside, rain or shine, and finding a spot where it did work.
I had to go inside to check the (invariably useless) suggestions made, of course lost the connection, and like you, had to start again from square one with a different agent.
I finally found the best and permanent solution, I changed to Orange.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Don't you have an 'Espace Client'?

Have to say I'm with Nomoss.
We cancelled our contract with them due to constant problems.

Are you still within your 'cooling off' period?

* You could try 1026 for an English Helpline, but varying reports as to its level of usefulness.
It often diverts across to the French line. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't you have an 'Espace Client'?

Have to say I'm with Nomoss.
We cancelled our contract with them due to constant problems.

Are you still within your 'cooling off' period?
Thanks for the input
Well, I am well within the cooling off period as it was only installed on Thursday.
However, I persisted this morning with the on-line chat using Google translate and actually got someone who knew (or appeared to) what to do, he also waited patiently while I did his tests. The upshot is they have raised an incident so now I wait and see how they perform. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Clic Clac

·
Registered
Lived in US, France, Canada, & UK
1,338 Posts
We have discontinued our service with SFR, however, I still have a phone number from when we signed up (quite a while ago): +33 (0) 1 71 25 10 77.

Hopefully it's still functioning.

Best of luck.

Ray

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We have discontinued our service with SFR, however, I still have a phone number from when we signed up (quite a while ago): +33 (0) 1 71 25 10 77.

Hopefully it's still functioning.

Best of luck.

Ray
Thanks for the reply, is that number for English?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts