Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I want to open a small consultancy for Civil/Structural Design Works in AUS. Anyone have an idea how much will it cost to run set up if someone having PR. If you can provide me break down as below it would be great.
1. Annual rent for a small place that can accommodate 4-5 persons
2. Registration Charges with related Govt. bodies for instance Engineers AUS.
3. Income Tax etc.
4. Other monthly expenses

Furthermore is there any condition for certain credit that have to maintain in Bank account?

Thanks

·
Registered
198 Posts
Just off the top of my head, I would check with Engineers Australia as to what their requirements are so you are able to run a design company & to certify designs ....etc. & if there are any other approvals you need to get from them or from other Government Department.

Also, ask them if you need to be qualified by Engineers Australia as a Professional Engineer?

Another aspect to look into is the insurance that you would need to buy to cover your company & your designs.... etc.

I am sure there are other things that you will find as you dig deeper into this.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just off the top of my head, I would check with Engineers Australia as to what their requirements are so you are able to run a design company & to certify designs ....etc. & if there are any other approvals you need to get from them or from other Government Department.

Also, ask them if you need to be qualified by Engineers Australia as a Professional Engineer?

Another aspect to look into is the insurance that you would need to buy to cover your company & your designs.... etc.

I am sure there are other things that you will find as you dig deeper into this.
Thank you for your suggestion, I am trying to get more info about this.
Actually my boss wanted to do partnership & he want to sponsor me in terms of money, thats why I have to prepare some lump sum cost required to run a small consultancy & discuss with him the to make sure if he can go ahead with the partnership or not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts