Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm planning to settle down in South Australia once the VISA granted. I applied under Accountants Occupation list and is able to handle the subject area of an accountant.

In order to settle down in SA, I need to have an understanding on the following;

1. What I should do first? Where I should go to get a Tax File No?
2. From where I can obtain Medicare and what will be the cost?
3. Where and How I should approach in obtaining driving license?
4. How best can I find accommodation? What will be the weekly rental for a furnished room within city limits? Do we need to pay the gas, electricity and water bills or the monthly rental includes all those for a furnish room.apartment? Where I can obtain these information?
5. How is the job market in SA? Can some one recommend a recruitment firm for me to approach?

Can some one assist me over this. It will be a great help.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Maniya

·
Super Moderator
5,704 Posts
Hi All,

I'm planning to settle down in South Australia once the VISA granted. I applied under Accountants Occupation list and is able to handle the subject area of an accountant.

In order to settle down in SA, I need to have an understanding on the following;

1. What I should do first? Where I should go to get a Tax File No?
2. From where I can obtain Medicare and what will be the cost?
3. Where and How I should approach in obtaining driving license?
4. How best can I find accommodation? What will be the weekly rental for a furnished room within city limits? Do we need to pay the gas, electricity and water bills or the monthly rental includes all those for a furnish room.apartment? Where I can obtain these information?
5. How is the job market in SA? Can some one recommend a recruitment firm for me to approach?

Can some one assist me over this. It will be a great help.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Maniya
You can assist yourself quite a lot!

Most of the information you're asking about is already here on the forum. :)

While members will generally be happy to help, you should also do some research for yourself ;) :)

Use the search facility in the green bar at the top of the page.

Read the stickies in blue on the top of the main forum page, try this thread:

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...do-when-you-arrive-parts-1-4-a.html#post15651

inside this sticky thread :

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...r-threads-things-do-before-after-arrival.html

·
Registered
618 Posts
There is a thread dedicated to Adelaide, search for it and you will get all the information that you are seeking

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.