Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I understand the 28 day rule but just need some reassurance please. We plan on submitting the applications this week, both for my wife and stepdaughter for settlement visa.

My current payslip for June was for the pay period ending 13/06/2015 and I was paid on the the 10/06/2015 and this payment is showing on my current June bank statement issued on the 12/06/2015.

Letting agent letter confirming that my wife and stepdaughter can live with me at the property dated 23/06/2015

Letter from my company confirming my contract, salary etc dated 25/06/2015.

Question, if I should go by my pay date of 10/06/2015 for the 28 day calculation, my wife would need to submit the online applications before Wednesday 8th of July? and then she will have 2 weeks to send the supporting the documents to Sheffield?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Take the date you actually got paid (10th June) as the start of your 28-day period, so online application by 8th July. She needs to send documents to Sheffield within 2 weeks of her biometric appointment, which she can book for any time after 8th July (no exact limit).

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Phew! Brilliant you have put my mind at ease. So I will let her go ahead and complete both applications online and I will mail my supporting documents to her later on today. Thank you very much Joppa.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Joppa or anybody else, could you have a read of my sponsor letter and please tell me if it is ok or too long etc. Cheers.

International Operations and Visas
6 Millsands
Vulcan House
Sheffield
S3 8NH
United Kingdom

03 July 2015

Dear Entry Clearance Officer,

I write in support of my wife, xxxxxxxxxxxxx and my stepdaughter xxxxxxxxx for settlement visa application to come and live with me, in the United Kingdom.

I am a naturalised British citizen and have been living in the UK since 1999; I am xx years old and currently work for xxxxxxxxxx Limited as a xxxxxxxxx for the past 5 years and 11 months earning £29,337.00 per annum.

I currently rent a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartments in the town of xxxxxxxx in the county of xxxxxxx and plan to purchase our own home in the near future as soon as my family joins me and settle here in the UK.

My wife and I first met in High School in xxxxxxx in 1997 and were high school sweethearts. Me being older and graduating before her we went our separate ways.

We got back in contact through facebook and I met my wife and stepdaughter on my vacation to New York in June 2013. We kept in contact on a friendly basis via emails and through our High School Group page on Facebook. I saw my wife and stepdaughter again on family visits and vacations to the US briefly in August 2013, January 2014, May 2014, August 2014, November 2014, January 2015 and April/May 2015. We also saw each other on her trips to the UK in May 2014 to visit family, her and her daughter in September 2014 and by herself in April 2015.

Our relationship started after the dissolution of her previous marriage. On my trip to US November in 2014 we soon found we had much in common, and over the next 2 months, our relationship grew and when I left the US, we decided to continue our relationship long-distance. I was particularly struck by her sense of humour, transparent honesty and deep sense of commitment and motherly love. And I grew to love xxxxxxxx as my own daughter and and continue to play a father role in her life.

Since then we have communicated daily via FaceTime video/audio calls, iMessages and emails, and have visited each other spending time developing our relationship and getting to know one another’s family and friends. In January 2015, I visited the US for nearly a month and I proposed to my wife on my birthday on January 27th, 2015. She accepted my proposal and during the remaining time that I was there we made plans for our big day.

We were married on May 2 2015 in Kingston, Jamaica with our close family and friends in attendance.

We wished to live together as a family in the UK. I live reasonably well in the UK, I can comfortably afford to support my wife and my stepdaughter both now and when they move to join me in UK. WE are deeply committed and devoted to each other. We have discussed her continuing to work as a care nurse and eventually to study and get qualified as a registered nurse to work in the NHS. We have also look at a few schools in my local area which are rated Good by Ofsted, both primary and secondary schools.

If this application is successful, we look forward to making the United Kingdom our home.

I have enclosed the following documents;

Coloured copy of my Bio page of my current valid passport
Payslips from January 2015 - June 2015
Bank Statements from January 2015 - June 2015
P60 for the tax year April 2014-April 2015
Employment letter
Letter from Letting agent
Council Tax Bill
Utility Bill
Copy of Employment contract
Previous flight etickets

Sincerely yours,

dengreg

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Altogether pretty good.
You can trim it a bit by leaving out your job and income details, which will be covered elsewhere (Appendix 2), and accommodation. You don't need a list of documents.

The major issue in her application is with her daughter, and the position of her ex (daughter's father). Home Office takes its responsibility seriously to safeguard the welfare of children, and it will need to be satisfied that your wife has sole responsibility, that any contact arrangement will be maintained, about father's involvement in the child's life, his and the child's wishes, and so on. You will need to create a separate file with legal and other documents. Consulting a lawyer would be a good idea.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for your reply. Her father has never played a role in her life and his name is not on her birth certificate. All her well being is looked after by her mother, so she will be submitting her birth certificate, a letter from her doctor and school stating this. So :fingerscrossed: Thanks.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
That may not be enough. They may demand some official, legal documents in support.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Yes. I'm pretty sure UKVI will demand more documents about your stepdaughter than you are going to supply. If there are no court orders, they want notarised statement from the father (or explanation why he cannot be contacted).

·
Registered
465 Posts
I'm pretty sure its for financial documents;
you can't have a bank statement or payslips be over 28 days since you printed them.

For example I am submitting on September 30
so my bank statement is printed/stamped by the bank that day, and I can't send it if its passed October 30 because that would be over the 28 day limit.

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
I'm pretty sure its for financial documents; you can't have a bank statement or payslips be over 28 days since you printed them. For example I am submitting on September 30 so my bank statement is printed/stamped by the bank that day, and I can't send it if its passed October 30 because that would be over the 28 day limit.
Rather than speculating, please take the time to read through the stickies at the top of the page one of which explains the 28 day rule.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry I know there are "stickies" but I haven't been able to locate them on the site. Is there a tab or is it blocked to new users maybe? Maybe I'm looking too hard I just don't see them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello every one, sorry for posting in here but I'm new on the forum and I was looking for information about how to apply with my two kids and I found about this topic in here, mi husband in Uk is the sponsor of me and my kids, I'm going to apply under category A for wife with dependants, they are my kids and mexicans, he acts in the application like stepfather, the father of my kids give me a notarized letter agreeing their visas and living on UK under my custody specifying I'll take care about school, food and all their needs, he send me this letter a year ago but in the letter the adress specified is my husband work's address by that time he didn't has the house he is renting now, this could be a motive for refusing their visa?, and another question this document is enough to satisfied the ECO, it has been translated, needs an apostille too? I'm from Mexico and I have to say that the father of my kids don't see them and he just disappears for month or years and for luck send me the notarized letter a year ago, I hope someone can help me about my doubts, please moderators, thank you all.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.