Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May I please have your advice on my UK husband's letter of sponsorship?
Thank you!

Dear Entry Clearance Officer,

This is a letter of sponsorship for my wife, XXX, in support of her UK Settlement Visa.

My wife and I met online at XXX.com in March 2005. We started communicating through the messaging and video system on the site, as well as by phone and found we had a lot in common. She came to visit me in May 2005 and we visited local places of interest, spent time with my family, and got to know one another better. I came to the US in late June 2005 for a month. We went to church, museums, concerts and to visit with XXX’s family and friends. I returned to Scotland and we continued to communicate on the phone and online.

She returned for another visit to Scotland in September 2005 for two weeks during which we got engaged. Between then and July 2006, we visited each other in the US and UK once more each, and continued to communicate online, by phone and sending each other cards and gifts. I decided to give up my job with XXX after 24 years to move to the States, and left for the US in July 2006 to be married in October 2006. My mother, two aunts and two friends came from Scotland to join 120 of my wife’s family and friends to be at the wedding.

We lived in a flat for a few years in XXX, NY, I found full time work cleaning in the XXX School District as well as cleaning in the position of Church Sexton at our local church, XXX. My wife was a self-employed voice teacher, opera singer, conductor and pianist. Domestically, we shared duties as well as household finances. We spent time together at home, visited historical sites, went to church, and spent time with friends and family. We travelled back to Scotland in 2007, twice in 2009, 2010 and in 2013.

In 2010, after selling my mother’s house in Scotland after her death, we purchased a home in XXX, NY and continued a normal life there. I was missing life in the Highlands and we decided together to make a new life in Scotland. We sold our home in October 2016, stayed with my in-laws until I could leave my job in the US and return to Scotland to live in January 2017. Eileen travelled with me as a visitor and we stayed with my Auntie, XXX for two months while I found permanent accommodation in XXX. After my wife helped me move into the bungalow, she returned to the States in June and then came back for a short visit at the end of July.

I currently have a job at the local Academy cleaning for the XXX Council and 12 additional hours a week cleaning for XXX Cleaning Services in XXX. These two positions as well as the money earned from my previous employment in the US, 12 months in total, allowed me to meet the financial requirement so my wife could apply for a Settlement Visa. We are NOT relying on the proceeds from the US house sale from October 2016, which were transferred to my savings account in the UK, but I am sharing this only for your information to show that I have money saved for our future in the UK.

Should my wife’s Settlement Visa be approved, we plan to lead our normal married life here in Scotland. Time at home, visiting sites, family and friends and becoming part of the Christian faith community. My wife plans to pursue her classical music career in the UK and we intend to eventually buy a house in Scotland.

Yours sincerely,

XXX

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
I think it's fine, though there is some unnecessary information. It's just my opinion here, but I would not include any information about the house sale, because it's not relevant. It's also debatable that you need to describe how many times you've moved within the US. The language is good though, and it's really not overly long.

Reactions: emackintosh8
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.