Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello~
May I please have some calculation and financial dates help?

FINANCIAL DATES
I am applying for a settlement visa under Category B since my husband/sponsor has been employed in the UK less than 3 months.
The previous months of employment were in the US. We are showing savings in the UK but have made clear we are not relying on it to meet the income requirement.

To show that my husband/sponsor meets the financial threshold, from when should the 12 months of financial records begin and when should they end?

From my online application date of September 24th, or from the date of his last paycheck into the bank in the UK on October 14th?
Or from 28 days prior to posting the completed application and biometrics?

We have original and/or certified bank statements and payslips for all of the above and we meet the financial threshold no matter what the beg and end date is.

CALCULATION
I'm assuming calculation are done to the day so payslips will be prorated if it's a partial month?
EX. $693 gross monthly salary=$22.35/day
Total for 7 days of partial month=$156.45

I've done a spreadsheet showing all the payslips in USD (for his US pay only) and GBP using Oanda.com for currency conversion. But the partial month payslips will of course show the whole pay period.

Help with the details please! Thanks in advance :)

e

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
You are applying under the following category:?

5.3. Category B: Less than 6 months with current employer or
variable income – person residing in the UK

If so 5.3.9 states

5.3.9. Second, the person must in addition have received in the 12 months prior to the date of application the level of income required to meet the financial requirement,

I would read that to mean the date you applied online as the financial information in that application would be based on the date it is applied for.

Are you saying that you applied on 24 September but are using income from October 14 to qualify?

Appendix FM 1.7 for financial requirements:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...pendix_FM_1_7_Financial_Requirement_Final.pdf

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello nyclon

In his US job from Sept 25 2016--February 2017, he was in a salaried position with an extra bonus paying him for unused vacation and sick days after he resigned his position.

He then began salaried and hourly work in the UK for 2 different jobs on August 28th, 2017, but he wasn't actually paid for one of the positions until October 14, 2017.

So do they just want to actual amount received or overall yearly salary amount?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are applying under the following category:?

5.3. Category B: Less than 6 months with current employer or
variable income – person residing in the UK

Yes.

If so 5.3.9 states

5.3.9. Second, the person must in addition have received in the 12 months prior to the date of application the level of income required to meet the financial requirement,

I would read that to mean the date you applied online as the financial information in that application would be based on the date it is applied for.
That makes sense.

Are you saying that you applied on 24 September but are using income from October 14 to qualify?
We meet the financial requirement using salary and bonus received from September 25, 2016-September 24, 2017 application date.

Appendix FM 1.7 for financial requirements:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...pendix_FM_1_7_Financial_Requirement_Final.pdf
Thank you for your time!

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Thank you for your time!
If you meet the financial requirements from September 25, 2016-September 24, 2017 application date, then you should include financial documents relating to that period.

Reactions: emackintosh8

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
If you are applying under Category B you simply add up his last twelve months of payslips.

If you applied online on 24 September then you can only use his payslips and bank statements received before that date and the most recent one can be no more than 28 days old. You can't use pay received on 14 October. You can only rely on pay actually received at the time of application.

Additionally, if you aren't relying on savings then don't include that information. It will only cause confusion.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
If you are applying under Category B you simply add up his last twelve months of payslips.

If you applied online on 24 September then you can only use his payslips and bank statements received before that date and the most recent one can be no more than 28 days old. You can't use pay received on 14 October. You can only rely on pay actually received at the time of application.

Thank you - just wanted confirmation about when to begin computing the 12 months and this is so helpful.

Additionally, if you aren't relying on savings then don't include that information. It will only cause confusion.
Ok that is good to know. I thought I read something in the guidance that says you MUST show proof of savings, but that must be only if you're relying on it.

Many thanks for your thoughtful and detailed reply :)

e

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.