Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I wanted to know if anyone knows about any organization providing settlement services for skilled independent migrants (GSM 175). I contacted a few Migrant Resource Centers but they are providing assistance only to the refugee and humanitarian entrants. This is quite unfair. Nowadays it seems very difficult to secure job in Australia from overseas thus in my view skilled migrants are no different than refugees. At least until they are given the chance to show their skills and get a job they should be eligible for settlement services.

This is just my personal thought. However if anyone knows such organization providing settlement services such as on-arrival accommodation, introduction to the community etc kindly let me know.

Best Regards

Faisal

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Faisal many states do it, ACT for example assist you in the same for those who r ACT sponsored. they offer to pick you from the airport, book cheap accommodation for you, so on n forth.. but ofcourse, its not monetary assistance.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Faisal many states do it, ACT for example assist you in the same for those who r ACT sponsored. they offer to pick you from the airport, book cheap accommodation for you, so on n forth.. but ofcourse, its not monetary assistance.
I am also not asking for monetary support. The assistance you mentioned is for state sponsored but what about independent skill category (GSM 175)?

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
You can call respective states, a=I am sure they do have smething which most of us are not aware of

1 - 4 of 4 Posts