Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i plan to live with my husband permanently in uk. i got my family permit, what should i do after coming to london. i know i have to apply for eea2 but what about insurance? is there any other procedure or rights i should know about?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Register with a doctor, get national insurance number if you intend to work, open a bank account just to get you started.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You will need at least a proof of address. Some banks insist on residence card, pay slip etc, but do shop around. The government is planning to stop people opening an account without a visa or other documentary poof of residence.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i cant manage that coz my husband signed only his name on the rent contract and i dont see how i can get another form of proof of adress!

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Get your name on the council tax bill/statement by contacting your council. You will have to do it in any case as your husband is no longer eligible for single household discount of 25%.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
It doesn't matter. You should get your name on council tax bill as you are living with your husband.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.