Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I am preparing settlement for my wife after 5 years and I have a few questions, hoping I can get help with the answers please

1) Is it the SET (M) form that needs completing online for spouse visa?

2) Is there a IHS fee to pay for settlement?

3) I will be applying 28 days before 5 years in UK, when they ask how long lived in UK, should I put 4 yrs 11 months or 5 years?

4) We have children who are British, at extension after 2.5 years we had to provide proof of their nationality, birth certificate, passport, letters addressed to them to proof they live with us. There have not asked for them for the settlement form. Do we have to provide them this time?

5) Similarly for extension they asked for the marriage certificate, but they have not asked for it for the settlement for. Do you not have to provide it this time?

6) Do wage slips from employer need to be stamped and signed? I did get them stamped at extension but I am working from home and it will be difficult to ask them to stamp and send them back to me.

7) I don't understand question of 'who you live with' My wife lives with me, I'm her husband.
Our home is jointly owned by myself and my brother. Do I and my brother need to send a letter confirming my wife is allowed to live at the property?
They ask for ID, can my brother just send a copy of his driving licence or the information page of his passport? or does it have to be every page of passport?

8) Did you meet English requirements as part of indefinite leave, question - Do I answer Yes or No?
my wife passed A1 and A2 for previous visas and now she has passed B1 test.

9) They ask for 6 Corresponding letters over 30 months so 1 every 5 months. But I will need to send 8 letters, so should they be every 4 months? or still every 5 months and the single addressed letters to be the same month?

10) Are you able to book the UKVCAS appointment before you submit your visa form? if so how please?
Also my local UKVCAS office is closed due to covid, I'm I able to go to any other one?
What do you need to take to the UKVCAS appointment?

If I can get help with answers to these questions it would be much appreciated
Thank You in advanced

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
1. Yes
2. No
3. 4 years 11 months
4. Not unless they are asked for, no
5. I would still recommend providing it but it's not necessary
6. Yes, unless they are sent to you via post (i.e., they are original documents). Alternatively, your employer can authenticate them in the employment verification letter
7. Just state who actually lives in the house with you. You should provide a recent mortgage statement or land registry document. You don't need a letter or ID from your brother unless he lives at the property. If he does live there, you can use just the bio pages of his passport to show his ID, it doesn't need to be a full copy
8. It's a terrible question, they're trying to ask if you are exempt from the English language requirement due to an old ILR application but it's worded very poorly. It doesn't really matter what you put here since you're providing evidence that she meets the requirement, so if you say "yes" it's fine.
9. Just space them out as evenly as possible, it doesn't need to be exactly 5 months apart
10. No, you only get an invitation to create a UKVCAS account after you submit and pay for the application. At that point, you can create an account from the email you will automatically receive, and then upload your documents and book an appointment through the UKVCAS portal. You can go to any UKVCAS centre. Bring all of your supporting documents with you, original passport, and appointment confirmation email (which you will receive when you book the appointment). Many centres are closed or backed up right now, I've heard people recently are being emailed by UKVCAS to say that there's a backlog in appointments. You should follow instructions as they are given to you, but do check the appointment booking page shortly after midnight, as that's when the next day of appointments become available (appointments can be booked up to 27 days in advance)

Reactions: Glaston15

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You clever-octopus for your reply, can you still help with the following please?-

4) Do you think sending copies of my children birth certificate / bio pages of their passport will be a good idea, just in case?
6) They have been sent by post but should I still get them stamped? They are printing on paper anyways
9) I will need to send 8 letters so should it be about every 4 months or still every 5 months and the single addressed letters to be the same month?
10) We will take everything with us but I thought all the documents would need to be uploaded before the appointment? Do we still need to take our documents to show them even though they've already been uploaded?
I heard they may even use previous biometrics and we wouldn't have to go to a UKVCAS appointment, that true?
- Is the date of application, the date you paid and submit your SET (M) form online or the UKVCAS appointment?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank You clever-octopus for your reply, can you still help with the following please?-

4) Do you think sending copies of my children birth certificate / bio pages of their passport will be a good idea, just in case?
6) They have been sent by post but should I still get them stamped? They are printing on paper anyways
9) I will need to send 8 letters so should it be about every 4 months or still every 5 months and the single addressed letters to be the same month?
10) We will take everything with us but I thought all the documents would need to be uploaded before the appointment? Do we still need to take our documents to show them even though they've already been uploaded?
I heard they may even use previous biometrics and we wouldn't have to go to a UKVCAS appointment, that true?
- Is the date of application, the date you paid and submit your SET (M) form online or the UKVCAS appointment?
Hi Can anyone help with the above further questions please?

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Please go back and read my responses

4. I already answered
6. I already answered
9. Just space them as evenly as possible. Ideally there shouldn't be more than 6 months between items of correspondence addressed to the same person (for example, if you have a joint statement from January 2019, the next item in EITHER name should be dated no later than July 2019)
10. I already answered

No. They only did this for a short time during August-September last year. You must attend a biometrics appointment

Is the date of application, the date you paid and submit your SET (M) form online or the UKVCAS appointment?
The date you paid for/submitted the application online

1 - 6 of 6 Posts