Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

One of my friend has asked me to ask you guys a question. Apparently he has got money to burn and wants to settle in Dubai with his family.

He is looking to buy a block of flats in cash as an investment with a budget of AED15m in order to receive rental income. The questions are:

1. Can he buy the block of flats through a company which he wants to setup in the freezone?
  2. If he can set up a company would the block of flats he is intending to buy needs to be in the freezone or it can be in any part of Dubai ?
  3. Can he and his family get a residential visa on the basis of setting that company in the freezone ?
  4. Can he get his relative (who is already living in Dubai on work visa) to work for his company as a Property Manager by sponsoring him as an employer through his company ?

Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With such amount of money to "burn", I would definitely seek professional advice.
Of course he will seek professional advice but he has heard from somewhere that its not possible to start a property/real estate company in the freezone.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Of course he will seek professional advice but he has heard from somewhere that its not possible to start a property/real estate company in the freezone.
It is not possible indeed. If he wants to buy a property in Dubai and register title deed on the company name, this can only be done through Jebel Ali Offshore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts