Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am setting up new company (will have shares in it) while I am still an employee with my visa being sponsored by my employer (at least for the time being).

Some people adviced me to register the company in my wife's name. But I want to explore if it is possible to keep my name, whether legally or practically. The new company doesn't impact or conflict the interests of my own employer.

Does anyone have a similar practicle experience in doing that? Please share your knowledge and tips.

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,965 Posts
I am setting up new company (will have shares in it) while I am still an employee with my visa being sponsored by my employer (at least for the time being).

Some people adviced me to register the company in my wife's name. But I want to explore if it is possible to keep my name, whether legally or practically. The new company doesn't impact or conflict the interests of my own employer.

Does anyone have a similar practicle experience in doing that? Please share your knowledge and tips.
Hi,
Is the new company mainland or freezone?
Which Emirate will it be registered in?
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Probably an NOC will suffice, if it's free-zone you probably don't need anything. Why don't you ask them?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am trying to avoid requesting any papers from my employer, while avoiding the rejection of the trade license application.

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,965 Posts
I am trying to avoid requesting any papers from my employer, while avoiding the rejection of the trade license application.
Hi,
You might face some issues - as it is a mainland company you are registering.
They may want to have a copy of your passport and visa, as part of the registration process.
Your visa will show them that you are currently sponsored by another company and this might prompt them to ask for an NOC from your current sponsor.
Are you going into the same business as your current sponsor?
If yes, are you bound by a non-compete clause?
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see. It seems I either have to get an NOC or use a different name.

No, it is not same business and there is no specific clauses in my contract. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts