Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my husband is a USC and I am British and we live in the UK. My husband has a 27 month spouse visa to live and work in the UK. We lived in the USA for just under 3 years before we moved back at the end of August 2012. Before that we lived in the UK, my husband had ILR, but as we had left the country for a few years to live in the USA we had to apply again for the visa. We got married in January 2004 in the UK, and have a nine year old daughter and a baby due in 4 weeks. I was hoping the process would be straightforward but today received a letter from the Home Office, along with all the documentation we supplied - but without the cover letter, which they must have kept - stating that 'The application or claim must be made using the correct version of the specified form. The form is inappropriate for the application type required. Your fee will follow shortly' We completed the 04/2013 version of the SET M form and I gave a cover letter outlining that my husband had a KOL Req'd stamp in his visa so didn't need to complete the 2 years before applying - he has passed his KOL, I gave the pass certificate along with the other required documentation.
I really don't know what to do, or why the form was 'inappropriate', I thoroughly read through the instructions and numerous forums and advice to make sure everything would run smoothly. They have given no guidance to which form would be appropriate, and I can't find an email or phone number to contact them to find out. Please, if anyone can help I would be really grateful.
Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.