Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My situation is that I am applying for indifite for my wife. 5 year route spouse visa. I have 2 kids with her who are born in uk and hold british passport as I am british myself. I have been claiming child benifit in my own name for my kids and child tax credit in both names joint claim. both payments get paid to my account and not my partners.

my partner is under immgiration control with no recourse to public funds but because i was told child tax credits made jointly i've been claiming since my kids were born.

please see below which is from section 12 documents set m from as of june 12

Your finances

Specified evidence of meeting the relevant financial requirement and evidence of your finances including: Bank
statements, building society savings books, pay slips or other formal documents as evidence of your and, if you are
applying as a partner, your partner’s ability to maintain and accommodate yourselves and any dependants without
recourse to public funds. See note 6

Please note one of the boxes is to tick the following.

Official documentation confirming receipt of public
funds (including the amounts paid) and corresponding
bank account/building society statements showing
receipt of public funds

My question is that do i have to tick this box becuase when i renewed my wifes visa at 2.5yrs flrm there was no question like this one and if i provide them evidence i am claiming child benifit and child tax credit with my mrs as a joint claim this will mean she broke her conditons of no recourse to public funds, does that mean they will reject her ilr application

please i am very confused and worried

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Just tick you claim CB and CTC. While you have to apply jointly under the benefit rules, Home Office understands this and is happy about it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Joppa many thanks for prompt response, I am worried about the the following

if you are
applying as a partner, your partner’s ability to maintain and accommodate yourselves and any dependants without
recourse to public funds. See note 6

this wont cause any issue will it??

sorry for being pain

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
No, as I said under CB and CTC rules, application has to be made jointly. Home Office understands this and makes an exception for it. You still need to declare when applying for those benefits that one parent is subject to immigration control.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Joppa I did let them know in 2013 when I made my first claim for child tax credits and since then every year i renewed on the phone because I just had to give them my income for the year and i told them there are no other changes.

So when I appleid in 2013 i did tick the box to confirm my wife is under immigration control is this what your asking me about?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I forgot to ask Joppa, do I have to provide proof of child tax credit and child benifit to the home office with my application form?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.