Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm due to apply for SET(M) in 18 months and have just met with an immigration advisor to make sure everything is kosher. Which (thankfully) it is.

However, she's told me I have to have been reaching the £18,600 consistently for the 5 years I've been on the FLR(M) track.

I've always made sure to meet the £18,600 from my restaurant job the 6 months prior to application as both myself and my partner are regularly self employed in the arts sector and I know self employment is more complicated for UKBA than straight forward pay cheques from an employer.

This past year I've done well self employed so my last restaurant P60 was only for 16,000 ish. I didn't worry because I'm not applying within 6 months.

Is it true that the earnings have to be consistently over the threshold? My partner is fully self employed so it's always been my preference to leave that complication out of the application.

Very grateful for guidance, especially from Joppa :)

·
Registered
315 Posts
While the requirement of the visa stipulates you must continue to meet the income threshold throughout the visa, when you come to renew or in your case apply for SET(M), you don't have provide evidence that you have. You just do as you did for first and second FLR(M) - i.e. Cat A or Cat B. If you look at the application form for SET(M) it asks exactly the same questions as the FLR(M) form. So assuming you're earning £18,600 (as long as nothing changes) at the time of application through either Cat A or B, then you're fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.