Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just finalising my SET-M for ILR under 5-year partner route. Noticed in the evidence checklist there is something for 'Evidence of continuous residency in the UK'. What evidence do I need to supply for this? I've got my list of holidays where I was out of the country in the past five years. Do I need boarding passes for all of these trips or something? Or my leases going back the full 5 years? Or is this only if you're applying under continuous residence option rather than partner sponsorship?

Please help if you can as I have a premium appointment this week on tuesday so just have tomorrow to gather anything additional if I need to... I can't seem to find anything online. Currently my supporting evidence only covers that last 2.5 years since my last application for FLR. Thank you!

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Yes, things like tenancy agreements covering the 5 years, council tax statements, job contract etc.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Is this similar to the two and a half years proof of living together? This means we must keep such documents to cover the entire five years.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Thanks, Joppa! Even more documents to keep! We have no tenancy agreements or job contracts so we will have to use similar stuff as for the cohabitation evidence.

·
Registered
77 Posts
this is useful info.. definitely not throwing away this 2.5 yrs stack of paper for my FLRM that has granted then!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks very much Joppa - glad I asked! This forum is a life saver as usual. I've added in our tenancy agreements going back to when I arrived 5 years ago, along with a couple council tax bills, a couple of hospital letters and two p60s. Should that suffice?

It's really confusing because the form only asks for addresses for the past 2 years and I thought the correspondence evidence was 6 pieces from the past 2.5 years. Seems bizarre that they need the evidence that they had 2.5 years ago again!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Damn...I've shredded my previous tenancy agreement, initial spouse visa one !

Would a scanned copy of this be okay for SET application? Please say yes

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
You could also use council tax statements. I don’t have any tenancy agreements so will be using council tax statements to cover the five years.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was just finalising my SET-M for ILR under 5-year partner route. Noticed in the evidence checklist there is something for 'Evidence of continuous residency in the UK'. What evidence do I need to supply for this? I've got my list of holidays where I was out of the country in the past five years. Do I need boarding passes for all of these trips or something? Or my leases going back the full 5 years? Or is this only if you're applying under continuous residence option rather than partner sponsorship?

Please help if you can as I have a premium appointment this week on tuesday so just have tomorrow to gather anything additional if I need to... I can't seem to find anything online. Currently my supporting evidence only covers that last 2.5 years since my last application for FLR. Thank you!
Did they need the 5 years of continuous residence documents?

·
Registered
525 Posts
I'm glad I read this. Thank you Joppa. Was about to get rid of all the documents we've been hoarding! Strange requests though, as we've already evidenced requirements through each stages.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
252 Posts
The answer being given on this thread - that 5 years correspondence is required at the 5 year ILR point, - seems to contradict the answer I was given to the same question on this thread here:

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/br...corres-have-cover-5-yrs-just-last-2-5yrs.html

On this latter thread I was told that only the second 2.5 year period mattered, as indeed the Home Office have already seen the correspondence for the first 2.5 year period.

·
Registered
252 Posts
This is what I am referring to:-

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/br...corres-have-cover-5-yrs-just-last-2-5yrs.html

Richjohn said:
SET (M) Does corres have to cover 5 yrs or just the last 2.5yrs?

Hi, When applying for SET (M) at the 5 year point, re the correspondence one has submit to prove we have been living together, does it have to cover the last 2.5 years, or the whole 5 years?

(We submitted corres to cover the first 2.5 years at the FLR point, so would I be safe to assume it is only over the last 2.5 years of the 5)?

Thanks
Joppa said:
Since the last renewal/extension, so 30 months.
Are we at cross purposes in some way?

·
Registered
39 Posts
This was why I wanted to double check if the person who went actually needed as the form could be taken either way ?

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
This was why I wanted to double check if the person who went actually needed as the form could be taken either way ?
I agree, that would be helpful! However the application form says:

Documents addressed to you and your partner at the same address as evidence that you have been living together continuously since your last grant of leave in this category. See Note 8.

Which suggests the correspondence should cover the previous two and a half years.

However, there is also in the checklist a reference to evidence of continuous residence in the UK as a separate tick box to the one for correspondence. It would be wise therefore to also include such documents as tenancy agreements, Council tax statements, etc to cover the five years.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I agree, that would be helpful! However the application form says:

Documents addressed to you and your partner at the same address as evidence that you have been living together continuously since your last grant of leave in this category. See Note 8.

Which suggests the correspondence should cover the previous two and a half years.

However, there is also in the checklist a reference to evidence of continuous residence in the UK as a separate tick box to the one for correspondence. It would be wise therefore to also include such documents as tenancy agreements, Council tax statements, etc to cover the five years.
Fab thank you - yes form a little unclear! Would those documents be in both applicant and partner for ILR?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.