Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've got my PEO appointment in Croyden coming up, and have a few questions.

As background, I'm applying under the "Old Rules" with the KOL REQ endorsement. My UK citizen wife, UK citizen child and myself have been here for about 16 months, and we've been married 7 years. It took me much longer to find employment than expected (10 months), at which point I became self employed (with a single client) for 5 months, and have had regular employment with that company for the last month and a half. (I'm not concerned about the financial side, because my wife has made enough to support us for several months.) We've been living with her parents without any bills since we got here. (Our bank is dying to give us a mortgage, but I need my ILR first.) I passed KOL last week.

I have two main questions. The first is should we bring our son along to my PEO interview? He's 3, should be well behaved, but space there can be cramped, I've heard. He's not included in the application (aside from the Additional Details box in section 8B) as he's a UK citizen by birth.

Also, given the above considerations, how much do we need to stress over evidence of cohabitation documents? We have a plethora of bank statements from the last six to nine months with our joint names. We have even more bank statements from our US bank that were mailed in my wife's name, but include me as an account holder (do these count as joint?). We have a utilities bill from late 2011 in the States. Then things get messy, because we don't really have much from 2012. We're probably okay for the first half of 2012, I have bills in my name (though not electricity, utilities, etc., as those were normally all handled by our apartment complex, which did not issue bills or invoices), and the bank statements will count for my wife if they don't count as joint evidence. The last part of 2012, though, is pretty barren. I've got a few things like my NINo and such, but my wife really has nothing aside from the bank statements. Is that likely to be a big issue?

I'm not really too stressed about the evidence, frankly, as it'll be a human being we're talking to, and we should have a stack of letters, but there is a gap of maybe eight months in that period, and want to know if I should be stressed.

I'm more curious if I should bring our son along. Thanks in advance.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.