Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I am currently on FLR M visa according to old rule and will be completing my two years early next month. I havr few questions can someone please advise and guide me.
1. I am applying in person do I need to photocopy all documents or just need to submit only original?

2. Earlier this year we had our first son, my wife receive child benefit on his behalf I am a bit worried will this be classified as receiving public fund as he is british because my patner is a British citizen?

And should we disclose this in the form where it ask about our finance and also should I also attach HMRC letter that was sent as acknowledgement of approval of our application to my wife.

3. I am thinking of attaching my one year bank statement should we do one year statement or 6 months?

4. I was reading in one forum that I have to show tgat we have about 112 left after deducting house rent per week, should this amount physically need to be shown in bank statement or they will understand after lookingat our monthly Iincome minus rent? I know I have over 112 left weekly after deducting my rent expenses but I havr not been keeping track of it by physically keeping this money in account. Advise requested pls
5. I have already paid thr fees of £1424 when doing my online booking for premium service do I need to call thrm and re confirm my appointment or there is no need? Secondly is there any additional payment of £100 as booking fees or all is included in £1424?

I will really appreciate your help as I am really worried about point 2 and 4.

·
Super Moderator
5,184 Posts
1) Just take originals. The IO assigned to your case will photocopy what he/she needs for your application.

2) Since your British wife is receiving the child benefit on your son's behalf, this leaves you free and clear from the "no public funds" pitfall. Disclose that Mrs Shan169609 is receiving the child benefit but you are not - I think that the application allows you to clarify who is in receipt of what forms of benefits and this is where you will disclose the sponsor (Mrs Shan169609) is in receipt of the child benefit... i.e. we applied for my FLR at an in-person appointment... my husband is blind and receives a Personal Independence Payment (PiP, which was formerly called Disability Living Allowance) but I (Canadian wife) don't receive any public funds, so when we completed the FLR application form (old rules, just like you... I'm eligible for ILR next October), we specified that my husband received the PiP, and they were fine with it.

3) 6 months of original statements showing how you meet the £115/week (can't remember the exact figure at the moment)

4) If your monthly balance shows >£452 or more left over at the end of the month, I should think that it will be o.k. (£113 x 4 = £452... I'm rounding UP just to be on the safe side)... my husband and I certainly didn't have a week by week breakdown of how much was left in the bank but we certainly did show >£452/month in the bank.

5) Did they give you any sort of confirmation that they received your payment? If so, then there is no need to call to confirm.... your payment (which includes the booking fee) is their guarantee that you will show up - not everyone is flush enough to just throw £1424 away, especially in these tough economic times, so the UKBA will assume that unless they hear from you first, you will show up to the appointment.

Good luck to you, and please be sure to let us know how it goes! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
thans for your quick reply really helpful.

Just couple of points pls

1. I was checking my bank statements, i dont have a monthly balance of 450 + to show as maintenance fund because i pay my monthly rent plus other house bills which some times leave me with less cash balance in my account will that have any effect ? If I minus the rent from my monthly pay I have over 450 + left that is for sure but is used for other household expenses would the Home office really want to see exact cash balance or they will just assume after deduction house rent from my monthly income?

Please advise i am still confuse about this silly point.

2. Should we enclose my son birth certificate?

best regards

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
It's more than £112.55 as you have a child. You must add £64.99 for a child and £17.40 for family premium, totalling £194.94. Add up all your income including child benefit, child tax credit and working tax credit, take away housing cost and council tax and you must be left with at least £194.94 to live on, so spending that balance on household bills and food is fine. If you don't have £194.94 left but have some savings, that can be added at the rate of 1/52 (weekly amount).
Yes, your son's birth certificate should be attached, just to show he isn't subject to immigration control (i.e. a British citizen).

·
Registered
60 Posts
It's more than £112.55 as you have a child. You must add £64.99 for a child and £17.40 for family premium, totalling £194.94. Add up all your income including child benefit, child tax credit and working tax credit, take away housing cost and council tax and you must be left with at least £194.94 to live on, so spending that balance on household bills and food is fine. If you don't have £194.94 left but have some savings, that can be added at the rate of 1/52 (weekly amount).
Yes, your son's birth certificate should be attached, just to show he isn't subject to immigration control (i.e. a British citizen).
I wanted to ask. I am on the old rules about to apply for settlement in a couple of months but me and partners account is in overdraft. What happens when the account is in overdraft? Even though there's a steady income as both of us are in permanent jobs and earn over the required maintenance allowance. If accounts is overdraft will this automatically disqualify you from having the £112 per week left over?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi
Thanks for all your help.
Niw I have sorted all my documents can someone pls advice and guide me if all is ok or need any addition.
1. Completed application form
2. Marriage certificate
3. LIUK pass certificate and my UK degree certificate
4. 6 month payslips
5. My wife P45 with her past two years P60s she had to leave work last month brcause her emplyer could not help in working around her availability as it is quite difficult forbher becausr of my full time job due to our 9 month old son.
Advise needed if putting her employment reference is ok or not in my application.

6. Mine and her's 6 month personal bank account statements

7. Joint account bank statement for past 6 monthe

8. Letters in both names

Council tax
Electricity bill
House lease
Joint account bak statement

9. Individual letters mine
Driving license
NhS card
Mobile phone contract
Individual bank statement for one month
HMRC letter regarding year tax

Wife name individual letter

Driving licence
NhS card
Mobile bills
Sky bill
HMRC letter regarding her year tax

10. Son birth certificate

11. Approval letter of his child benefit from HMRC

Finally I am just wondering should I include a cover letter written by myself and my wife?

Any advice or suggestions will really be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You need to attach a note setting out that you are meeting the maintenance requirement. Under income, add up all your earnings, benefits and tax credits. Add up separately your housing cost (rent or mortgage) and council tax. Take the latter from the former, and show you have at least £194.94 per week left. Also show how £194.94 is made up: Income support for a couple over the age of 18 (£112.55), plus child's element (£64.99) and family premium (£17.40).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi

thanks so much for your quick response and advice. Just a quick one, we dont receive any tax credits as we never aplied for them, we only receive child benefit of £80 + per month plus my earnings. Will that be ok to add my income and child benefit minus the monthly rent + council tax?

Secondly what you think about the list of documents I have made up are they sufficient?

Finally, is there any sample by any chance of similar cover letter that provide maintenance requirement that I may use as a guide.

Thanks

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Provided you have £194.94 left per week, you are fine.
Documents seem ok.
Just create your own. FM1.7a gives an example of how to work out the sums. Just set things out as I have outlined.

·
Registered
45 Posts
You need to attach a note setting out that you are meeting the maintenance requirement. Under income, add up all your earnings, benefits and tax credits. Add up separately your housing cost (rent or mortgage) and council tax. Take the latter from the former, and show you have at least £194.94 per week left. Also show how £194.94 is made up: Income support for a couple over the age of 18 (£112.55), plus child's element (£64.99) and family premium (£17.40).
Hi Joppa, I'm applying for ILR next week and I was wondering if I really need to attach a note saying that we meet the maintenance requirement, since it doesn't say on the actual application.

Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts