Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would like to know if anybody can recommend good serviced apartments or furnished accomodation for abt 4 months in 2010. there's loads of information on the net but its all so confusing to decide which one to choose so if anyone can help with personal experience. we would prefer the suburbs.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I lived in Sydney for over 5 years and I would suggest going to SMH and see their section on flats to find a place. Depending on your budget, you can really find some amazing places. However, anything under $350 is likely to be a very small, lower quality find.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I lived in Sydney for over 5 years and I would suggest going to SMH and see their section on flats to find a place. Depending on your budget, you can really find some amazing places. However, anything under $350 is likely to be a very small, lower quality find.

thanks for yr reply but we want to book something before we reach sydney, thats why asking if anyone lived in any serviced apt/ furnished apt & would like to recommend it???

·
Registered
132 Posts
thanks for yr reply but we want to book something before we reach sydney, thats why asking if anyone lived in any serviced apt/ furnished apt & would like to recommend it???
I tried a contacting a few people for shared accommodation but most of them are demanding a booking amount (generally 1 week to 1 month) in advance.

I am also confused as Manisha :confused:. I would also like to know whether to prebook or checkin to hotel and then look out for long term accommodation.

-Roy

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Royan/Manisha,

I recently moved to Sydney, I dont think so the option which you are looking for is open. It is really difficult to get the accmodation by sitting in India (unless and until you know someone here).

About the share accommodation, it really depends on the person to whom you are going to share and his / her contract with agent? otherwise for the shared accomocation I dont think people ask for deposite

Let me know If I can provide any help

Regards
Jiggy

I tried a contacting a few people for shared accommodation but most of them are demanding a booking amount (generally 1 week to 1 month) in advance.

I am also confused as Manisha :confused:. I would also like to know whether to prebook or checkin to hotel and then look out for long term accommodation.

-Roy

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi Royan/Manisha,

I recently moved to Sydney, I dont think so the option which you are looking for is open. It is really difficult to get the accmodation by sitting in India (unless and until you know someone here).

About the share accommodation, it really depends on the person to whom you are going to share and his / her contract with agent? otherwise for the shared accomocation I dont think people ask for deposite

Regards
Jiggy
Hi Jiggy,

From your answer, I feel that option to checking into hotel and then searching for long term makes sense for me. Since I have nobody in Sydney would that be the best option?

Regards,
Roy

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Roy,

Yes, That is one and costly option.

PM me, I know other options as well
I dont want to share here otherwise other people will think that I am doing marketting (and I had experience about that)

regards
Jiggy

Hi Jiggy,

From your answer, I feel that option to checking into hotel and then searching for long term makes sense for me. Since I have nobody in Sydney would that be the best option?

Regards,
Roy

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Royan/Manisha,

Regards

Jiggy

Hi Jiggy

thanks for the reply. how are you finding yr move to sydney & if i may ask which area of sydney are you staying in?? did you move to a serviced apt initially or directly to your rented place?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Roy,

Yes, That is one and costly option.

PM me, I know other options as well
I dont want to share here otherwise other people will think that I am doing marketting (and I had experience about that)

regards
Jiggy
hi sorry i missed this post of yrs. i don't know how to PM somebody. pls advise.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Serviced apartments in Sydney are very expensive, however, you can choose from Stayz Holiday by providing your price range. website: http://www.stayz.com.au/35112

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi

I would suggest staying in the Medina
They have locations all over Sydney,
Maybe I have missed the point but why stay in serviced for 4 months.
Stay for one month and find a rented serviced flat to live in

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
hey mr.india u applied for visa b4 ielts results?..is that possible?..
Aarav,

You can also apply, you will get one month to upload the documents, I a uploading my docs on 16th whe we get the IELTS result.

:) Just to save time, and I am very impatient .. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts