Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PLEASE HELP!

We are applying for a fiancé visa to enter the UK, I am British, my fiancé is from the USA. We applied for our Settlement visa 24/03/15, and due to the ambiguity of the website sent it to New York, normal service. It was returned to us one month later 24/04/15 telling us to send to BLOODY SHEFFIELD!

We decided to send it on via PRIORITY SERVICE seeing as we have already lost a month to this mistake, we logged onto VFS with our case number, but it will not let us select priority service to Sheffield, only NY, seeing as we already paid for postage to NY. It actually won't let us pay for postage to Sheffield AT ALL, but we can always use another courier - the main problem is we desperately want to pay for priority! Can anyone help?!

Secondly, we are concerned that our biometrics (dated 24/03/15) will now be rejected, seeing as it requests you post within two weeks of the biometrics.. We posted on the day, but to NY instead... It's now nearly May.

We are at the end of our teather after months of these issues - any help would make my year ??

·
Super Moderator
17,990 Posts
To start a new thread, click the tab which says "post a new thread" which is on the top left just above the list of threads.

Settlement applications haven't been processed in NYC for over a year. They have accepted applications and biometrics from previous posters who have made the same mistake despite biometrics being more than 2 weeks old.

Have you contacted VFS and tell them you're having trouble?

·
Registered
38,993 Posts
Your biometrics will still be fine. 2-week limit is interpreted flexibly.
Just use your own courier (UPS, DHL etc) to send and return your documents, and book for priority separately through VFS Global US site.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Joppa! We were thinking the same course of action RE: Biometrics and posting using a separate courier - but the problem is that we cannot upgrade to priority via the VFS site, to Sheffield - we are only given the New York option (see screenshot) as we previously posted to New York, and we cannot amend the mistakenly selected 'sub-visa category', nor can we start a new account as we have to enter our GWF number, which brings us back to the New York selections only - it's an endless cycle! Please tell me this doesn't mean we have to reapply for the whole visa....

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you Nyclon - well it's a shame they seem to have changed their approach! We have contacted VFS, no response... seems to be a website glitch, but surely it doesn't need to be so convoluted! if they had a telephone contact we could just pay over the phone and be done with it.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Thank you Nyclon - well it's a shame they seem to have changed their approach! We have contacted VFS, no response... seems to be a website glitch, but surely it doesn't need to be so convoluted! if they had a telephone contact we could just pay over the phone and be done with it.
Are you sure you are trying to purchase the priority processing for the application, and not the courier service? Things have changed since I got my visa, but I do know they are 2 separate services and the payments go to different companies.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you sure you are trying to purchase the priority processing for the application, and not the courier service? Things have changed since I got my visa, but I do know they are 2 separate services and the payments go to different companies.
Yes, we are trying through VFS.
If we log in through Visa4uk it only shows us a summery of our application status/payment without option to upgrade.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SORTED!

We emailed VFS again as advised in this awesome forum post 'Problems paying for priority service' (will not allow us to post link, google it!)

We emailed the below, along with a screenshot and heard back the next day, we are now finally sending to Sheffield along with priority service :) YES! Thanks so much to everyone who helped us, you absolute beauties!!

------------

GWF:
Applicant contact email:
Browser: Safari (v 8.0.4 Mac)
Applicant nationality & location: USA

I wish to pay for priority service for Settlement via the Sheffield office. We initially paid for postage, and sent our documents, to the New York office by mistake - our documents were returned and we were told to send to Sheffield, UK.

Using our GWF number on the VFS website, it will not permit us to change our ‘sub-visa category’ (see attached screenshot) and so will not allow us to purchase normal postage to Sheffield, or priority service for Sheffield, or to anywhere other than New York - I think this is a website glitch, but as such we cannot upgrade our application to priority service.

Can you either amend the website error, or otherwise send us a credit card authorisation form (or equivalent) to enable us to pay for priority service. We will then need an emailed receipt to send to the Sheffield office.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.