Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I sent away my UK Ancestry Visa application today and advised my expected arrival date is 5 February 2018. Only now do i realise (I don't know how this slipped my mind) that the 5 Feb is more than 3 months away.

I have paid for priority processing, and paid the Visa fee + IHS surcharge for 5 years. Is anyone able to provide advice on what will happen to my application?

I have read conflicting accounts in similar situations that the date for arrival will just be made 3 months from the date the application is approved (if successful), and the date i put down will be ignored. But then some people say it will be flat out rejected because of the date being outside of the 3 month timeframe.

I realise this is a silly mistake and I only have myself to blame, but any advice on where I currently stand would be much appreciated.

Also, is there any avenue for me to alter my arrival date to within 3 months, as my travel plans are flexible. Should I email the UK Visa service?

Thanks for the help, this forum has been so helpful guiding me through this process.

Kind regards,

Swan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.