Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all seniors,

I am newbie on this forum and i want help from you regarding my occupation and job duties.

First of all my occupation is Chemist (ANZCO Code - 234211) and it comes under SOL1. I am M.Sc. in Chemistry and having 6 years of experience in Quality Control laboratories of leading Pharmaceutical companies.

I have spent 5 years in the analysis of pharmaceutical products. Last year i was promoted as planner and reviewer of analytical data. Currently I am planning analysis for my juniors and reviewing analytical data. These are functions of senior person.

I am planning to apply for 175 or 176 skilled visa under Chemist category.

Is my current job role will make any problems for getting visa? Or the Visa Officer will understand the organizational level. As in every organization there are senior persons who had came on that position after working from initial stage.

Your help for this situation will be highly appreciated.

Thanks & regards,

SAP.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I don't think your current position will make any problems in your visa unless you are working in totally irrelavant job than your nominated occupation. Over time everyone gets promoted and so that should be ok I feel. lets others comment. Are you done with your assessment? BTW, who will do your assessment? I am totally out of your domain knowledge

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx lot for reply dreamaus.

Yes u r right, few people are aware about my profession. I have searched people of my profession but unfortunately i have not found anyone on this forum.

Vetasses is assesing my ocupation. Currently I am preparing for IELTS and after getting require score I will apply for assesment.

My occupation is under flagged list so I am waiting for next SOL1. Upto that I will finish IELTS.

·
Registered
628 Posts

Yes u r right, few people are aware about my profession. I have searched people of my profession but unfortunately i have not found anyone on this forum.

Vetasses is assesing my ocupation. Currently I am preparing for IELTS and after getting require score I will apply for assesment.

My occupation is under flagged list so I am waiting for next SOL1. Upto that I will finish IELTS.
You mean waiting till July for next SOL to be released? If you speed up your preparation you can get it done before that itself.

·
Registered
630 Posts

You are aware that the immigration system is changing entirely for the worse in july2012 right ? that's when the next SOL comes up. Waiting is a bad idea. If ur qualified, You still have time now if you hurry up with the skills assessment, ielts & lodge your visa application asap.

·
Registered
126 Posts
You are aware that the immigration system is changing entirely for the worse in july2012 right ? that's when the next SOL comes up. Waiting is a bad idea. If ur qualified, You still have time now if you hurry up with the skills assessment, ielts & lodge your visa application asap.

Hi,
"the immigration system is changing entirely for the worse in july 2012". Can you please elaborate on this. Could u please mention specific points.

TIA.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dear all,

I have inquired at vetasses and they told me it will take 2 to 3 months to assess my qualification. So i think it is very difficulat to apply before july 2012.
Suppose I apply before July and my occupation will out from SOL then what will happen for my case? Please suggest.
Furthermore, I have seen that there is no more rush for immigration in my occupation, will it make higher chances for selecting my application during skill select process?

Please give suggesion....

·
Registered
628 Posts
Dear all,

I have inquired at vetasses and they told me it will take 2 to 3 months to assess my qualification. So i think it is very difficulat to apply before july 2012.
Suppose I apply before July and my occupation will out from SOL then what will happen for my case? Please suggest.
Furthermore, I have seen that there is no more rush for immigration in my occupation, will it make higher chances for selecting my application during skill select process?

Please give suggesion....
Still it is not late. Even with July changes you will need an assessment result and ielts. So better apply now. they might fasten up the process like ACS doing now. Just one more layer of submitting EoI will be introduced and once you are invited to apply visa you will still need these results.

Worst case is it might be moved to SOL2 for which state sponsor is required. It is completely moved out of both you have no option but to give up and try some other ways to migrate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dear draemaus,

Thanks lot for your suggession. I understand the importance of applying before July 1. But I have some query regarding my work profile for which i have send mail to vetassess. Let them reply on that. If everything will be ok than i have planned to send documents for assessment in next week.

Regards,
Sandeep

·
Registered
25 Posts
hey.... :)

I have similar queries... I have a masters in biotechnology but i hv been working as as a senior chemist in Research and development lab of a food company from 3 years.

On consultation with a mara registered agent, i hv applied as chemist through vetassess already...hope i have taken the right step.

Need advice urgently...

Thnx in advance.... :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
hey.... :)

I have similar queries... I have a masters in biotechnology but i hv been working as as a senior chemist in Research and development lab of a food company from 3 years.

On consultation with a mara registered agent, i hv applied as chemist through vetassess already...hope i have taken the right step.

Need advice urgently...

Thnx in advance.... :)
Hi,

You have taken the right step. I did the same and I have received the invitation for applying visa. Now filling up the form and hoping to get the visa by June next year. Cheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
Dear all seniors,

I am newbie on this forum and i want help from you regarding my occupation and job duties.

First of all my occupation is Chemist (ANZCO Code - 234211) and it comes under SOL1. I am M.Sc. in Chemistry and having 6 years of experience in Quality Control laboratories of leading Pharmaceutical companies.

I have spent 5 years in the analysis of pharmaceutical products. Last year i was promoted as planner and reviewer of analytical data. Currently I am planning analysis for my juniors and reviewing analytical data. These are functions of senior person.

I am planning to apply for 175 or 176 skilled visa under Chemist category.

Is my current job role will make any problems for getting visa? Or the Visa Officer will understand the organizational level. As in every organization there are senior persons who had came on that position after working from initial stage.

Your help for this situation will be highly appreciated.

Thanks & regards,

SAP.
Hi sap,

Have you got the visa?
What is status of yours?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts