Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seniors please advise - Nominated Software Engineer but looking for BA profile

Hi all

I read somewhere that is no restriction to stick to the occupation we use to get the PR.

I have been working for a reputed Wall Street based company for over 6.5 years with skills in Perl and J2EE technologies. I started my career as a core techie (engineering in CSE from reputed college, very good acads). After first 2 years of coding, my role has been a combination of technical lead, project lead, and business analyst. In recent 3 years, I have full time experience in business analysis, software design, and project management. I have delivered reasonably large J2EE applications but I am not hands on. Australia or otherwise, I will need to choose between business analyst or project lead/management role as a career path.

For Australia PR process, I nominated Software Engineer because that was the easiest to prove given my academic background and willingness of employer to give references.

Does anybody here know more if Australian employers care about about nominated occupation?

Will there be issues for RRV/Citizenship if I choose a BA profile in australia?

Are there any certifications that employers seek for BA and project manager roles?

What weightage do PMP and CFA get? Is Prince more popular than PMP?

Any other inputs in this context will be helpful.

S

·
0 Posts
I dont get most of what you said but once you have your PR visa you can work as anything you want. It does not have to be in the nominated occupation, work as a taxi driver or set up your own business.

Employers don't care what the occupation was, they dont know that unless you tell them. They only care that you have a visa that gives you the right to live and work in Australia.

There is no implication in getting a RRV or citizenship later so long as you meet the other requirements (residence)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont get most of what you said but once you have your PR visa you can work as anything you want. It does not have to be in the nominated occupation, work as a taxi driver or set up your own business.

Employers don't care what the occupation was, they dont know that unless you tell them. They only care that you have a visa that gives you the right to live and work in Australia.

There is no implication in getting a RRV or citizenship later so long as you meet the other requirements (residence)
Thanks, that answers my main question.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, that answers my main question.
I mixed up two different things in one thread. Rest of my questions are related to skills/certifications typically desired for Business Analyst and IT Manager roles in Australia.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.