Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
expecting an offer from a big-4 accounting firm in GCC region, but not sure the location, could be UAE or Doha and Kuwait, can anybody give a clue about the annual salary of a senior manager (tax advisory) in this region?

Many thanks!

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
expecting an offer from a big-4 accounting firm in GCC region, but not sure the location, could be UAE or Doha and Kuwait, can anybody give a clue about the annual salary of a senior manager (tax advisory) in this region?

Many thanks!
With respect 'Senior Manager' can mean anything so you might need to give a little more detail and GCC is a big place ..... salaries will vary ..... what job did you actually apply for and where ?

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
With respect 'Senior Manager' can mean anything so you might need to give a little more detail and GCC is a big place ..... salaries will vary ..... what job did you actually apply for and where ?
big 4 salaries and designations are pretty standardised. Hopefully someone in those firms can weigh in.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
big 4 salaries and designations are pretty standardised. Hopefully someone in those firms can weigh in.
Agreed but if you were expecting an offer from a big four and had been through their recruiting process it's unlikely to be like a mystery tour .... 'somewhere in GCC' :) ..... of course I could be wrong !

·
Registered
17 Posts
My partner was just offered a role as a assistant manager in international tax in a big 4 company. The package is 23,250 aed a month plus yearly bonus. Then there is the usual things like flights home, relocation and medical insurance. That's just to give you an idea.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My partner was just offered a role as a assistant manager in international tax in a big 4 company. The package is 23,250 aed a month plus yearly bonus. Then there is the usual things like flights home, relocation and medical insurance. That's just to give you an idea.
Thanks a lot for your sharing. This SM position is in Doha, VAT implementation.

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,965 Posts
Thanks a lot for your sharing. This SM position is in Doha, VAT implementation.
Hi,
That's an interesting conundrum.
Will Qatar be a member of the GCC by the time GCC wide VAT is implemented?
If not - will they still bring in VAT?
If not - would they still need VAT experts in Doha?

I have no comments or answers to the above - but they are something that the OP needs to weigh up and consider - before accepting the job that was offered.

Cheers
Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts