Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum, but after a quick search, it appears that my question has not been asked.

I'm in the Paris area on a visitor CdS (Nanterre Prefecture). I just renewed it for the second time (entering my third year). I plan on being in Paris for 5 years total; I will turn sixty in November. My question is: Am I eligible to receive a senior discount card with a visitor CdS, or is that strictly a resident privilege? If I can then how?

Thanks for any assistance.

·
Administrator
50,423 Posts
It depends, I think, on the specific discount card you're going for. But checking the SNCF site, there is no requirement other than proving your age (and, of course, paying the annual fee for the discount card) - and a carte de séjour is definitely proof of age.

You'll have to check the RATP or other sources of discount cards, but generally there are very few that require nationality or "residence." Actually, a visitor visa is the type of visa issued to those folks who retire to France - and most of them seem to have no trouble getting their discount cards.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.