Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best way to get my application binder to NYC? I guess I'd like to make sure it gets there, and doesn't get lost in the mail. There is a lot of personal and important paperwork and items in there. Is there a suggested way? I was thinking of just shipping it vis USPS. But they lost a birthday card for my friend when i sent it to her back in January :( So, i'm partially leery to go that route. Has anyone had better luck via certain services or companies?

I guess i'm just nervous.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, and should the binder be tied down or something? to keep it closed? I guess i'm just afraid everything will fall out.

Just looking for suggestions!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Most US apps packets are sent in binders or securely strapped together with binder clips and wide rubber bands (mine was sent with the clips+bands), and mailed via USPS in either the priority padded or flat pack box overnight return receipt requested.

You get a tracking number and can watch your package travel, arrive, be signed for (and by whom)-it is a very reliable way to ship your app overnight with a high degree of certainty (and recourse should it not arrive).

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Most US apps packets are sent in binders or securely strapped together with binder clips and wide rubber bands (mine was sent with the clips+bands), and mailed via USPS in either the priority padded or flat pack box overnight return receipt requested.

You get a tracking number and can watch your package travel, arrive, be signed for (and by whom)-it is a very reliable way to ship your app overnight with a high degree of certainty (and recourse should it not arrive).
Well estimated time of delivery is sometime tomorrow. So I am anxiously watching the tracking system. So I hope it really does get there tomorrow... and I get some sort of something... at least telling me it got there maybe.. and hopefully in a week or two i'll have an answer :)

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Well estimated time of delivery is sometime tomorrow. So I am anxiously watching the tracking system. So I hope it really does get there tomorrow... and I get some sort of something... at least telling me it got there maybe.. and hopefully in a week or two i'll have an answer :)
USPS tracking is a fun watch, your package moves from postal facility to postal facility, and then suddenly it is delivered and signed for:) I think you can sign up for the email delivery notification from the USPS, too. I seem to recall that I did, but I'd already tracked it, lol-I think I checked the tracking site every hour until it was signed for!

Did you use the $300 priority service available on WorldBridge?

The current processing time for non-priority applications is 9 business days as of 23 April. Don't forget Monday is a bank holiday, too, when you are counting your processing days.

·
Registered
258 Posts
We all wish you the best with your application and if you have submitted everything as required you should get your visa without any problems :)

Good luck.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Don't worry! I was nervous too!! Especially since it has such valuable info!!! In anycase what i did was after I had my biometrics made, I went to a post office (that was conveniently right down the street from where I had my biometrics done) and I went with express mail. I couldn't find any envelopes that fit my package and I don't know if they offer this service with the envelopes, but basically.. for $18.50 I had my supporting docs shipped the next day with up to $100 worth of insurance. You can get more, but I figured at least $100 could get me another passport or something... Anyways, with that service they also provided a tracking number which should put your mind at ease. Saw it the next day when it arrived nearly 3 hours early and my worries were completely settled.. well aside from the nervousness i had about them approving/rejecting my visa of course xD Hope that helps!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.