Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, it seems they have finished processing her application and she should get her passport back soon. It doesn't say whether it's been approved or not, so she has to wait till she gets her passport returned.
Hi Joppa,

After trawling this site it seems there are three standard responses to queries, they are:

1. We have received your application, but an ECO hasn't looked at it yet.
2. We received and it's currently under consideration.
3. Your application has been processed and the decision will be with you in the next few days.

I have also learnt that the little green and red buttons on the teleperformance website very rarely get updated and most go from "waiting for desicion to be made" to "all done" a day after you actually recieve your visa. So it seems like sending them emails is a way to figure out how far your application has actually got. Are these all automated emails? Do you think sending a weekly email to gauge the status is acceptable?

Regards

·
Super Moderator
18,051 Posts
As frustrating as it is it's probably best to wait it out. Sending weekly emails is probably annoying and it probably only takes time away from processing applications and so slows things down for everyone.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Having been in Public Service, it can be irritating and time consuming to receive repetitive emails, which really only serve to slow the process down. Understand the anxiety the wait causes the enquirer, we are waiting patiently now, the answer will come.
Keep this in mind, as we do, 'Patience is a Virtue'.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Make that four responses.
Sent a status request via the email form on Friday, got a reply last night saying.
We understand that you would like to know about the current status of your
visa application. I have tracked the status and found that a decision on your application has been delayed whilst further enquiries are being conducted.
I thought the enquiry service was different from the visa processing center so sending a weekly email or fortnightly email wouldn't really waste any ones time other than some customer service reps whose job it is to answer queries anyway...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree that having a person have to respond to an excess number of emails might cause annoyance, but I am convinced that these are automated emails. I think the GW number and date of birth is cross referenced in a database and the status checked (which now seems to be one of four) and a trigger then fires responding with an appropriate email. If this is indeed the case, no harm no foul! A quick search on this forum finds hundreds of identical emails and the fact that an email was sent Back on a bank holiday seems to confirm this.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I agree that having a person have to respond to an excess number of emails might cause annoyance, but I am convinced that these are automated emails. I think the GW number and date of birth is cross referenced in a database and the status checked (which now seems to be one of four) and a trigger then fires responding with an appropriate email. If this is indeed the case, no harm no foul! A quick search on this forum finds hundreds of identical emails and the fact that an email was sent Back on a bank holiday seems to confirm this.
Have a look on the "Visas processed in SA" thread, there is an alternate email address where we got a personal response from..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.