Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I see one of our more astute members that, as always has his finger on the right button and answered a question you are simply hypothesising on and like me relying on an ailing memory, Thanks Joe, yet again.
While Ben, a Filipino has now been discredited by your diatribe, I believe him and not you, you a blow in seem to know more than it's citizens without any facts or sources, I am defending him and his knowledge of his countries laws and as asked before aimlessly sprouting off simply follow Joe's lead. Get your facts right.

I would also suggest staying on topic and not wandering into weddings or other rubbish which is for another post or five.

Disappointed that you as a foreigner interested in this country would stoop to criticising my better half, a local with unsubstantiated facts.

OMO.

Steve.

·
Super Moderator
3,284 Posts
Okay we had a minor forum upgrade so since there appears to be Legislation in the works on the subject of the Parents welfare I'm opening it up again, some how I missed Hey Joes link, it's a challenge to get any time on the computer with a 4 year old and good links Hey Joe. The Link you provided on Senate Bill #29 I wasn't aware of but the other bill many of us should be familiar with because that dealt with another issue the Senior Citizen cards.

I feel this may and could impact a few of us if the Legislation is approved. This won't impact me the parents have passed and for sure we had already helped with medical costs with the Father In-law except for the mother she sure was a stinker and she sold half our property and the other family members were loaded with cash so they took care of her in her final moments.

No more personal attacks please, Hey Joe was the one that took his time for the research and I'll take a hit for not creating a new thread fast enough "read reason above".

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Personal attacks can be from both sides of the debate Mark,,,, I just sat through an hour and a half of the Trump and Biden debate. Interesting but the same old tripe. The politicians in my country do the same thing or worse.
As for RA 29 (not approved by the senate and is not a law sits, sat for years and one wonders why? There as a reminder for the children to look after their parents but not for the hangers on?). Honestly from my observations this is cultural and seen every day but not law.

My compliments to you Mark for re opening an issue that is important to us/all that live here and do or don't but ultimately we have to have faith and trust in our partners and our chosen environment and the accepted doctrines here. Though question I do and at times rightly so am most times shot down by my partner of 8 years who is a Filipino, knows the laws as well as cultural doctrines/expectations and for another to doubt his wisdom is,,,, honestly an affront, questioning why we live in this fine country, it's foibles and difficulties that are navigated? We have the time. Well it seems I do and like most listen to our better halves.

Hey Joe I have never met even thought 35/40 minutes away by car. Joe has always for years supplied valuable and accurate information and is an extremely valuable asset to this site, over the years I have never seen a member here question his research or offered contributions against his findings,,,, only up the road and it would be nice to meet one day. Silent but deadly.

OMO Mark/readers but one only gives what they are prepared to give and not a peso more, still waiting for repays from loans from years ago and we don't go there now. As others have said and very wisely so,,,,,,,, repay what you borrowed (not a gift) so we can help others in your,,,,,, my adopted family. We are not an ATM.

Wow, another rant.

Cheers, Steve.

·
Registered
464 Posts
So everyone know - When married it can be breaking the llaw to not support Filipina wife's relatives when needed.
The law say assistance HAVE TO be given to closest relatives when needed, although ut's a common misunderstanding is believing they can just sit at their but and expect to get money.
The law say - except for OLD relatives - assistance DON'T need to be given to them who don't do their best themselves...
But the law is unclear concerning up to which level.
I think you are referring to the "Executive Order" 209 THE FAMILY CODE OF THE PHILIPPINES

Support, Art. 194 and beyond.
Art. 195. and beyond. Subject to the provisions of the succeeding articles, the following are obliged to support each other
Executive Order No. 209, s. 1987 | GOVPH

Obliged is subject to interpretation

·
Registered
179 Posts
What old law? get your facts in order
It was FACTS I wrote, while you wrote several errors in your short message... :D
I had answered which law THREE times. ="The Family Code". To cvv, Hey Joe and to YOU before you wrote this!!!
Of course I don't remember the NUMBER of it several years after I read it... :D

While Ben, a Filipino has now been discredited by your diatribe, I believe him and not you, you a blow in seem to know more than it's citizens without any facts or sources, I am defending him and his knowledge of his countries laws and as asked before aimlessly sprouting off simply follow Joe's lead. Get your facts right.
What do you say now when it was proven I were right and Ben was wrong? :D
'
How can you believe common citizens know laws good, when not even several Filipino LAWYERS don't know importat laws about things they are doing for clients?!!
OR the lawyers know but are scammers making ILLEGAL "solutions" fooling customers to believe they are legaly protected. And such crap they carge for!
I have written in earlier topics about several lawyers having Dummies to try to get around the "Anti-Dummy law" !!! Of course illegal and no chance to stand in a court following the law...
(I have written at least two more examples when a lawyer messed up big, but they were long, I don't repeet them.)

- -
Some years ago I joined a forum about Phil laws with Filipino lawyers and law students to learn from them. Sure I learned some about Labour laws (which I hadn't studied) but I got answer only at 3 of my 11 questions, while I anwered several hounrdeds when I happened to know the answers when I did read the posts.

. .
Not DIRECT relevant to Phils, BIUT a sign at I'm used to read and understand laws:
I have wonn ALL of the court cases for clients when their opponents were private companies, once even against a rather big lawyer company...
Much harder to winn when the opponents are officials, but I have wonn around half of them too. One of the latest I made "BIR" pay back almost hallf million to my client, which "BIR" had charged to much. They had scared him by saying he wasn't allowed to do as he had done. During he told me that, I got the idea how to solve - so he got much payout...

- -
And now I solve tax problems for people in the Philippines. Just during the last week I have for two. An American (for free (he had gave me some interesting info about other things) and this morning to a poor Filipino (Much land but no cash). I have never charged Filipinos - and I haven't charged people in this forum neither :heh:

·
Registered
179 Posts
I think you are referring to the "Executive Order" 209 THE FAMILY CODE OF THE PHILIPPINES

Support, Art. 194 and beyond.
Art. 195. and beyond. Subject to the provisions of the succeeding articles, the following are obliged to support each other
Executive Order No. 209, s. 1987 | GOVPH

Obliged is subject to interpretation
Yes as I wrote "The Family code".
The law text is long.
Yes some parts are unclear as up to which level

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Yes as I wrote "The Family code".
The law text is long.
Yes some parts are unclear as up to which level

My thanks to Hey Joe for pointing out this "executive order" as I and I'm sure others were unaware of this "foible" and it appears most Filipino's are just as much in the dark. There were bigger thing afoot after Marcos was outed.
It's a pity that some members say things and when asked for a reference or link cannot/will not or are simply too lazy to supply, happens often it appears. So my thanks to Joe for supplying.
OMO but I would point out that this is only an executive order and the whole bill, hundreds of pages is open to many levels of interpretation and at what level?
Our locals know the cultural values of family and while not necessarily aware of this bill sort out the responsibilities as required and obviously are unaware or give little thought to this code because they are family. Until someone can show me and other members here their responsibilities, as said,,, RA----- I will give this the "the family code" no credence as it appears the locals do and thankfully I am not married as that is another 50 pages.

OMO,

Cheers, Steve.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Lunkan: "Yes as I wrote "The Family code".

My thanks to Hey Joe for pointing out this "executive order" as I and I'm sure others were unaware of this "foible" and it appears most Filipino's are just as much in the dark.
Funny you admit to Hey Joe's post, but you denied it when I wrote such... 😁

It's a pity that some members say things and when asked for a reference or link cannot/will not or are simply too lazy to supply, happens often it appears.
You go on writing crap...
I told the Law NAME "The Family Code" even THREE times before you claimed I hadn't told it!!!

The "Senate Bill No. 29 "Parents Welfare Act" is kind of a complement to "The Famiy Code", which is some unclear partly.

AsI have written I have much in my memory - FACTS undepending of how much WRONG you write about it... 😁

Now you blame me for being lazy!!! I have read A LOT of Phils laws. Why didn't you search
"The Family code" Philppines
yourself, who is so "unlazy" ...? 🤣 It's FIRST in such search...

OMO but I would point out that this is only an executive order and the whole bill
Yes. So the important info I added, while you write crap, is a LAW since Aquino period, which make what I added extra important...

Our locals know the cultural values of family and while not necessarily aware of this bill sort out the responsibilities as required and obviously are unaware or give little thought to this code because they are family.
"The Family code" is about that, so why did Ben laugh againsrt the FACTS I wrote, which say that...? 😁

Until someone can show me and other members here their responsibilities, as said,,, RA----- I will give this the "the family code" no credence....
I can't help you are...

I KNEW the FACTS allready since years ago, and I have told them. As I have told it's a very long law, so why would I read that through again for a person as you...???
I have told the name of the law several times, and Google find it in top, so if annyone don't believe the FACTS I wrote, can waste time reading through that law to find the FACTS, which I have told allready...

·
Registered
179 Posts
And even if Filipinos knows, not all in this forum are Filipinos :heh:
This "The Family Code" law is very important for foreigners to know, so know the obligations BEFORE decide to marry a Filipina, because it can become very high costs.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I no longer have the links but from my reading of the family code, the children can be held responsible for the care of the parents. But you are not legally responsible for any other relatives. Siblings and such are on their own... legally speaking. In real life, it is up to each family.

My wife's family has been easy. She told me both parents were dead. All the siblings have one spouse overseas working, so they are fine. Turns out her dad was still alive but had gotten the proverbial 2nd family. So, in my almost 8 years here I have had to give no money to her family (I have chosen to give some, but very little). If it was going to be 'required' I would simply have found a different girl, before it was too late.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I no longer have the links but from my reading of the family code, the children can be held responsible for the care of the parents. But you are not legally responsible for any other relatives. Siblings and such are on their own... legally speaking. In real life, it is up to each family.
I have the link among my notes Family Code
But I don't have the desire to read everything through again :)
But in that note I had copied and pasted some essential from The Family Code:
Subject to the provisions of the succeeding articles, the following are obliged to support each other to the whole extent set forth in the preceding article:

• (1) The spouses;
    (2) Legitimate ascendants and descendants;
    (3) Parents and their legitimate children and the legitimate and illegitimate children of the latter;
    (4) Parents and their illegitimate children and the legitimate and illegitimate children of the latter; and
    (5) Legitimate brothers and sisters, whether of full or half-blood (291a)

Art. 196. Brothers and sisters not legitimately related, whether of the full or half-blood, are likewise bound to support each other to the full extent set forth in Article 194, except only when the need for support of the brother or sister, being of age, is due to a cause imputable to the claimant's fault or negligence.
(My bolding of the text because I find that difference very important.)
I can't find any other interpretion of that law than I had been right all the time :D (To bigpearl)

My wife's family has been easy. She told me both parents were dead. All the siblings have one spouse overseas working, so they are fine. Turns out her dad was still alive but had gotten the proverbial 2nd family. So, in my almost 8 years here I have had to give no money to her family (I have chosen to give some, but very little). If it was going to be 'required' I would simply have found a different girl, before it was too late.
So lucky it hasn't been required :)

((As I wrote somewhere I would have married one with huge and in most parts lazy family she say herself, if it wouldn't have been because the lazy ones are living together with the few not lazy and would have took avdvantage of my support if I would have given any. I WANT TO support the very poor good behaving few of them, but definitly not the others. I suppouse it will be like that as long as the exhausted mother is alive. Blunt said if the mother die it can be solved because the few remaining excemptions then would be the two youngest sibblings, who are to young to be demanded anything from and one of them work very hard with his schoolwork 👍 II can pay support for them to one of the good behaving sisters, who don't live there if she take care of them. The only other excemption is a young adult sister,who still live at paremtts' place - to assist the exhausted mother - and she want to move away from there as soon as she can anyway.))

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
To Lunkan, You sprouted but never supplied relevant support for your claims asked by myself and another questioner. A very methodical member supplied the information that you could not hence my thanks to him, the code you continually reference is not law and very open to interpretation even by the Filipino people and more so from blow ins like us. You were asked to supply the link to "the family code" and did not.
Unless you are a fool the buck stops in your own bank account and god bless the Filipino that can extract and the fools that let it happen, Filipinos the same applies. What are they going to take you to court for 2 bob and a bottle of beer?

OMO but I would be more focused on my business ventures in a country that honestly has the advantage against foreigners thinking opposite.

BTW good luck with this one.

Cheers, Steve

·
Registered
179 Posts
To Lunkan, You sprouted but never supplied relevant support for your claims asked by myself and another questioner A very methodical member supplied the information that you could not hence.
That's BS and everyone, who can read, can see it earlier in this thread...
It's a part of the very long "Family code" law.
I wrote that BEFORE he did... :)
And I wrote it THREE times in different posts answering different people, but you continued to claim I hadn't answer it, and do still!!!
A very methodical member supplied the information that you could not hence my thanks to him, the code you continually reference is not law
And there you are wrong - again. The Family Code became law 1987...
You were asked to supply the link to "the family code" and did not.
And there you are wrong - again...
I were asked for the SOURSE and I told it =The Family code. And I had told all important parts of that law.
As I told earlier in this topic I had all needed info in my HEAD, but of course not the exact link...
The link is in TOP at a Google search when searching at the law NAME- which I had told...
Why didn't you check that yourself instead of expecting me to do it for you after you had talked BS to me...? 😁
Unless you are a fool the buck stops in your own bank account and god bless the Filipino that can extract and the fools that let it happen, Filipinos the same applies. What are they going to take you to court for 2 bob and a bottle of beer?
What?! 🤣

Btw money don't grow in a bank... :)
If failing I will have lost some of my money
Btw I have never failed in business or as sport leader.when I have had enough power, some of them even been seen as impossible to make by common people, but when I haven't had the power some projects have been screwed up by stupid business partners.
Forigners aren't allowed to have the majority power in Phils (except in "Export business" without land. For this first project we don't aim at "exporting" any longer than to Manila :)
So I don't have the power in this business, but I believe others involved are clever enough to do as I suggest because they will earn very good themselves too if the project succeed.
If the first project will just reaching normal result - and I aim higher as usual :) - I will over quadruple my money even when calculating very low sell price.
A poor but skilled Filipino will earn over a million only in bohnus, plus the salaries he will get during the handling he will do. (Other foreigners and rich Filipinos have hired his team for other projects, but I'm generous :) and offer him a bohnus percentage of the result. I usualy pay people bohnuses when they do good jobs, which make them extra motivated, so I have often earned extra too by they have done extra good jobs.)
In the beginning of negotiations he only talked about what he can earn soon because he is poor needing some money soon,, but now he has understood my idea with sustainability and we aim at our great grandkids will cooperate too when we have died and have become ghosts :) so now he has even started to talk about future projects 👍 when we have got payout from the first. (I have written in the contract draft some of the money, when we cash in from the first project, will obligatoricly be used to finance repeeting of the first project size. Then we will discus if we will want to exband using (part of) the rest of the profit. If I'm there I will sure start an other much more complicated project which I want to be in place to check more or less daily until it functions good. After that I plan to retire some mostly sit at veranda :)
OMO but I would be more focused on my business ventures in a country that honestly has the advantage against foreigners thinking opposite.
Yes they have. That's why I have searched a long time to find Filipinos with suiting skillls, clever and thinking far ahead to involve in this.
Btw I have simulationious capacity similar to what women have so I can do several things parallell :)
(E g earlier during this business negotiation I handled a step of a court case for a client, during I waited for negotiation answers from Filipinos when they were thinking of what I had suggested.)

·
Registered
932 Posts
A poor but skilled Filipino will earn over a million only in bohnus, plus the salaries he will get during the handling he will do. (Other foreigners and rich Filipinos have hired his team for other projects,....
Why is this guy poor with these fabulous clients?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Why is this guy poor with these fabulous clients?
Don't you know the first million is the hard one to earn? :)
Now I will assist him earning his first :) (Total with salary and bohnus I estimate he will get around 1.4 million.)

Serious It's very hard to earn any good for poor people without start capital in Phils.
There have been government made programs to support poor with start capital loans.
In one such program a Filipino had put much effort into making a good business plan, but he got very frustrated by when he presented it, they demanded collateral to give him any loan!!! Of course he hadn't any...
In an other such program the government did lend the money CHEAP to LENDERS, who did lend out EXPENSIVE to business starters!!! :mad:

Extra hard for this guy by he is tribe. It's cmmon Filipinos scam them. By the Filipinos expect to get away with it?
An American told just this guy have two such problems running. Some rich Manila Filipinos try to scam them at land, which has been in family in generations, by claiming it expecting tribe people give up and don't go to court, but this guy have and seem to winn, but he has problem paying the lawyer so it's bad for him anyway.
And earlier this year he did a rather big work for a Manila Filipino - who didn't pay... :mad:
So not odd he was suspicious when I came with my suggestion,

41 - 58 of 58 Posts