Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
I'm Brazilian with spanish nationality too and I'm living in the UK for 3 months with my Brazilian husband. We'll apply for the residence card and the registration certificate as a EEA self-sufficient in the next weeks. My husband works for Brazil and I'm not working at the moment. We've already made a private comprehensive health insurance, but the policies don't cover maternity, like all UK private health insurance companies. We're planning to have a baby in the next year, but I don't know if I can use the NHS for all the exams and the delivery with a self sufficient Visa. Do you know if can I use the NHS for this without costs? If not, can I change the type of the Visa after, when I start to work?

I hope you can help with this questions.
Many thanks!

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
As a self sufficient EEA citizen you are required to have a comprehensive health insurance.

No, you are not eligible to use the NHS for free for pregnancy, delivery etc.

If your insurance does not cover pregnancy then you have to pay for the services.

Until you start to work and become eligible for the NHS I'd put off the pregnancy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response Crawford.
So, when I start to work, does the visa change automatically or do I have to apply for the other type of visa?
Sorry about my poor english, I'm still making classes to improve it.

·
Registered
39,060 Posts
When you start work, you and your husband will no longer need CSI as you will be fully covered by NHS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.