Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Self or Consultant for Complicated case

1K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  kodaan28 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I have been an active member since I have thought of moving to Australia and thanks to everyone for the advice.

I am in the final Stage of having all the documents, prepared for PTE, now just left with the dilemma of doing it by MySelf or going via a consultant.

I have around 9 years of experience and the problems in that is
1st Job - Have offer letter, Relieving Letter, Promotion Letter, ITR but no payslips and bank statement.
2nd job - Offer Letter, Relieving Letter, ITR and Payslip - Company Shut Down - No bank statement
3rd Job - Offer Letter, Relieving Letter and ITR again no Payslip and bank statement
4th Job (Current) - Offer Letter, Promotion Letter, payslip and ITR

Wife - 7.5 Years Experience
1st Job - Offer Letter, Relieving Letter, Payslip - No bank statement as cash payment was done and no ITR as she didnt fall in the criteria (Company Shut down)
2nd Job - Offer Letter, Relieving Letter and Bank Statement - No payslip and ITR
3rd Job (Current) - Please note this is a very small company with just 5 employees - Offer Letter, Payslip , bank Statement (But the statement doesn't mention Salary Credit - I believe they where just transferring the amount), Nil ITR

With few documents not available and the consultants giving all hopes of they can get these issues resolved(No Idea how, they will tell only once we signup).

I know I can do it by myself with advise of members here and I have researched for about 3 months now.

So should I do it myself or go to an consultant?

Thanks in advance

See less See more
#3 ·
consultants giving all hopes of they can get these issues resolved
Do not fall victim for this... do this yourself, even if you go with a consultant they would the same thing...

All the best

#6 ·
hi mate, In my point of view having Form 26 AS, EPF contribution & Form 16 are most important docs to support your relevant experience. Last month i applied for EA assessment and provide all pay slips, joining letter, promotion & relieving letter but they still came asking for form 26 AS & EPF evidence. I submitted all these things yesterday and got +ve outcome of Educational qualification & relevant work experience. SO if you can arrange these imo you will be good to go. And I think you should apply for ACS assessment/or your relevant assessment body and if they are happy with the docs you will be providing then same will be good for visa filing also. Also Roles & responsibilities letter/Reference letter (Both required, Either from HR on letter head or your direct supervisor as a statutory declaration are critical documents). First arrange them all and apply for assessment.
Cheers!!!

#5 ·
most important document which i find missing in your document list is "roles and responsibility letter"

even if you go via an agent, you will have to provide the required documents, agent wont do those for you

best way is to get all the documents and proceed step by step

#9 ·
If you are the primary applicant then it is not mandatory to assess you wife’s experience (if you want to claim 5 points for partner experience and educational only then you have to assess your wife’s work experience).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 ·
What is your expected points break up by the way??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#11 ·
I am thinking of my spouse to be 1st Applicant because of the points

I have done my Diploma
Age - 25 Points
Education - 10 Points
Work Experience - If(ACS deducts only 4 years) - 10 points
PTE - 10 points (Next attempt for more)
Partner - 5 Points
Total - 60 Points + State
PTE 20 - Will get me to 70 points

Spouse
Age - 30 Points
Education - 15 Points
Work Experience - (if ACS deducts only 2 years as per the guidelines) - 10 Points
PTE - 10 Points (Next Attempt for more)
Partner - 5 Points
Total - 70 Points + 5 State(If required)
PTE 20 will take her to 80 Points

Do let me know if I have missed anything

Thanks a lot

#13 ·
If assessor asks for additional docs tell him/her your situation and submit statutory declaration for same

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.