Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

So, I have my premium appointment booked for FLR (M) in a few weeks, relying on Cat F self employment. We have all the documents and everything for this, so that is okay.

However, my husband's biggest client offered him a job as an employee, being directly employed by them as opposed to freelance through self employment.

He wants to take the job as it has better pay and employee benefits like sick pay and holidays, pension etc, which he doesn't currently have.

He is due to start on the contract mid October, and my visa appointment is end September. Would this be okay as he would still be self employed until he gets his final payments from self employed work end October.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Yes, I believe that will be fine. As of the visa application date, your husband is self employed and you are relying on his self employment income from the past 12 months.

You can explain in your employment letter section that going forward, he will be a full time permanent employee of said organisation on X amount of money. On future visa applications/renewals/extensions, you will apply under Category A.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the peace of mind, just wanted to check

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.